At lunchtime everyone met up in the playground and Sophie said she had to go home to grab food which was met with a large groan from Jacob and as they went to leave they had Hannah come up to them to talk to Leo on the way down there. "Hey Connor did you know." Jacob began and Connor groaned. "The other day-." He started but Leo cut him off. "Guys!" He said rather loudly and Connor, Jacob and Sophie all looked back to see Leo looking at a guy lying on the kerb looking like death. "You gonna go and speak to him Leo?" Jacob asked and Leo shook his head. "Okay, then leave him alone, he's probably just drunk man." Jacob said and Leo nodded. "Yeah I guess you're right." He muttered not taking his eyes off the man who turned his head to look at him and Leo looked away a little embarrassed he was staring for so long and as Jacob and Sophie carried on with Leo following behind Connor stayed back and kept staring at the man and Hannah joined him. "It's like he can't see me." Connor said and took a few steps forward and Hannah grabbed his arm. "Well don't go towards the drunk." She hissed and Connor sighed. "That would be smart." He said shaking off any suspicions he may have had and carried on with the others who were coming back at the point. "Connor don't tell me you were just standing here staring at him?" Jacob said sighing and walking forward. "Come on lets get back so I can eat my lunch." He said urging everyone to move forward.

The four of them made it back to school safely and Leo turns to them. "Does anybody have plans after school? I was gonna go hang out with Lily after, anyone else wanna come along?" Leo asked just to see if they could rally some company. "As much as I dislike her yeah sure, we'll come too." Jacob said shrugging. "Makes no odds to me, I haven't met Lily before so it'll be interesting." Connor said as he ate his lunch. "If you invite Payton I will actually fucking kill you." Jacob said staring Connor down who nodded holding his hands up. "Alright." He said defensively and Jacob gave him a thumbs up. The bell rang shortly after and signalled the beginning of fifth period which went by smoothly until sixth period when a girl in Leo's class turned to him. "Some crazy lady started doing this slow little hobble over to me this morning making moaning noises like she was drunk and really high." The girl tells Leo as he listens. "Did you try and talk to her? We saw someone similar at lunch time today." Leo asked curious as a pattern was forming. "No, of course not! I fucking took off running! Why who'd you see?" She asked now trying to pry information from Leo. "This drunk guy shuffling across a road. He looked like death though I could smell him from where I was standing."

Leo and the girl both then went back to working as the day came to an end and soon enough everyone was in the playground. Jacob was arguing with Iona over her presence and everyone else was just ignoring the two of them. "Young love." Leo said loudly trying to make a joke to diffuse the situation. "Leo, shut it, you're not helping just let them fight it out." Connor said sighing and giving Leo a light slap on the arm. "Yeah, alright fine but I do have something to tell you guys when we're settled." Leo says his voice adopting a more serious tone.

As Iona walked off and Jacob turned his attention to Leo, Leo began to speak about what the girl had told him during sixth period. "It's just like the drunken guy we saw at lunch! It's like every adult in Currie had a party and got so drunk they look like they've risen from their graves." Leo said with a shrug and looked up the empty street. "C'mon, we've got a bus to catch, I'm meeting Lily at Asda's." Leo said much to Jacob's dismay as he has bad memories from that place. "Goddamn, Connor we've met your two girlfriends there, what a coincidence!" He said digging his elbow into Connor's ribs. "Hilarious, you are aware I've never met the girl right?" Connor said raising an eyebrow at Jacob and chuckling. "You're bloody hilarious, me and Payton are still together y'know." Connor finished. "Aye, that's rather unfortunate." Jacob said shaking his head. "Just brea-." Connor put his hand over Jacob's mouth. "I've heard this one before, and no, not until the end of the world." Connor snapped back. Jacob turned to Leo. "We won't be there right away, we gotta go to mine to get Connor's bank card that he left on Friday." Jacob said and Connor groaned. "Dude, I won't need to buy anything it doesn't matter." Connor said and Jacob nodded. "Uh huh sure, we'll get on the same bus as them." Jacob told him and started following Leo and Hannah up the hill. "Well then I guess we'll just waste time then." Connor said doing jazz hands to no one and sighed before finally going and following the others.