CHAPTER SIX: the lab.

Start from the beginning

"Mom?"
"Hey."
"Is there a doctor? We need a doctor!"
"Sweetie, how you feeling? You okay?"
"Okay, they're on their way. "Hey."

"Who is that?" Will said and Cassie and Mike shared confused glances. Why wouldn't Will recognize Bob? Cassie thought to herself.

"What? What? It's me, big guy. It's Bob."

"Are you a... doctor?"

"No. No, it's just me. Just... just Bob."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you know your name?"
"Will."
"Your full name?"
"William Byers."
"Do you know... Do you know who I am?"
"A doctor."
"Have we met before?"
"I don't remember."
"Hmm." To be honest Cassie was nervous about what's going to happen.
"You don't remember me? Okay. How about, uh... How about those two here? Know who that is? It's all right. Take your time."
"Those're my friends... Mike and... Cassie." Both Mike and Cassie grinned at the boy, happy that he remembered at least them.

"What about me, kid? You remember me? They tell me you helped save me last night. You remember that?"

"Do you remember anything about last night? About what happened?" The doctor chimed in.

"I remember they hurt me."
"You mean the doctors?"
"No. The soldiers."
"The soldiers hurt you?"
"They shouldn't have done that. It upset him."
"You say, 'Upset him.' Is that him?" The doctor took out a picture and Will nodded. "Okay. Okay, wanna try something. It's gonna seem a little odd at first, but I think it's really gonna help us understand what's going on. Is that okay?"

"Okay." Joyce agreed and another person walked in with a stool.

"Now, Will, I want you to just let us know if you feel anything. Okay?"
"Do you feel anything?"
"Little sting." Will stammered as the thing schreeched.
"It stings? Where?"
"My chest."
"Okay, son."
"Sweetie..."
"How about now?"
"It... it burns. Ah! It burns."
"Where?"
"Everywhere." Cassies eyes are filled with tears at the sight of Will in pain and she speaks up at the same time as Joyce does.
"That's enough. That's enough!" "No. Stop it, you're hurting him!"
"Stop! You heard them! That's enough!"
"That's it! We're done!"
"Okay." The monitor was beeping rapidly as Joyce started calming Will down.
"Sweetie... Sweetie. It's okay."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while and the kids were just siting in the room until Will starts moving and grunting.

"Will? Will?" Cassie speaks up and Mike adds "What's wrong? Are you hurting again?"
"Uh... I saw something."

"In your now-memories?"

"The shadow monster. I think I know how to stop him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "That's it." Will points at the picture. "That's what? What... what's there, Will?"

"I don't know. I just know he doesn't want me to see there. I think it's important."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another moments passed and the kids were just siting except for Will who's been laying down again but Will suddenlly sat up.

"He made me do it." The boy looked like he's gonna cry and Cassie and Mike exchanged worried glances.
"Who? Who made you do what?"
"I told you. They upset him. They shouldn't have done that. They shouldn't have upset him."

"The spy." Cassie says.
"The spy!" Mike repeated as both kids started running until they bumped into a guard.

"Whoa, whoa!"

"We need to get through! It's a trap!" Mike starts and Cassie finishes "It's a trap! We need to warn them. It's a trap!"

The two kids realized they won't be listened to and ran back to Wills room.

"We're too late."

"What?"

"We're too late!" Cassie repeated Mikes previous words.

"What's going on?"

"We're under attack."
"We need to make Will sleep." Cassie said and Mike nodded. She didn't want to do this, but they had to.
"What?"
"He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster."
"They're lying!"
"He killed those soldiers. He'll kill us, too!"
"They're lying! They're lying! They're lying! They're lying! They're lying!" Cassies eyes started to water and she tried to blink those tears away. "Shit!" She yells.
"Those are gunshots!" Poor Bob, he shouldn't be here, this is messed up and we shouldn't have brought him here.
"They're lying! They're lying!" Will kept screaming and both Joyce and Cassie had tears streaming down their face.
"Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen. Do you know who I am? Do you know who I am?"
"You're... You're... You're Mom." Joyce saw him hesitate and made the decision.
"Hold him down."
"No! No! Let go! No! No!"
"Let me go! Let go!"
"No, let me go!"
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
"Let me go! Let go! Let me go! No! Let go! Let me go! Let me go!" Wills cries were becoming more silent until they stopped, meaning Will is asleep.
"We gotta go. We gotta go." Both kids said as they heard the monsters snarling.
"Come on!"
"Oh, my God. Oh, my God."

A/N: It's still Max endgame, just wanted to spice things up a little.