Chapter 8: The reception

Start from the beginning

Her eyes held mothers love for me the one which i only saw in my mom's eyes. I quickly hugged her and she patted my head lovingly. We stayed like this for sometime.

"Rest you are smart enough to handle" later she said mischively breaking the hug and winking at me. I blushed when i understood what she meant and she laughed at my reaction.

I went down with Maa to help her as tomorrow was the reception. All day I was busy. Soon it was time for dinner mom, dad and Rakshit was already sitting at the dinning table only Abhi was missing I served them their dinner waiting for Abhi.

"Shivi beta sit and have your food Abhi will be late, didn't he informed you?"Maa asked not knowing that I will be the last person to whom he will inform about his whereabouts. " Yes I completely forgot about it." I lied to them not wanting them to get suspicious.

I served myself but my appetite was ĺong gone. After everyone ate they went to their respective rooms to sleep. Raksit was sleeping here today as tomorrow is reception and he is the one looking after all the arrangements.

Rakshit is someone whom I met now but he gives me brother's vibe which I never had. He is funny, love making people smile and he loves Abhi a lot. He doesn't leave me alone if he sees I am sad, always make me laugh on his silly jokes.

After doing the dishes I too went to my room. Abhi was still not back it was past 11. I had kept myself busy so that I don't think about abhi or my past but at night I can't escape from the reality specifically when I am alone.

I went to the drawer took out my medicine box and had my pills then i went to the balcony, it was cold outside cool winds were kissing my cheeks making me feel better. Soon it started raining I looked up towards the sky letting the rain to drench me and dissolve my pain with it.

Every thing what abhi did and said flashed in front of my eyes. 'I had no option otherwise you would be the last person I would marry.' ' I will never accept you as my wife, a gold digger can never be my wife' his angry face the hate in his eyes everything kept repeating in my mind.

May be the rain making me feel the pain more because my heart was aching badly, a sob left my lips and I sat on my knees crying. Tears fell down my cheeks mixing with the rain.

I sat there crying my eyes out. I don't know when sleep consumed me and I slept there in a corner like a small kid.

●♡♡♡♡♡●

When I opened my eyes the next day I was on the bed, "I remembered I slept in balcony last night " I said confused to myself. There was no one else in the room who would have brought me here I thought then I saw maa entering my room with turmeric milk, I understood that Maa must have made me sleep here. Sometimes I do things in sleep and not remember it.

"Here have it and freshen up breakfast is ready " Maa said giving me the glass of milk, I hate milk "no don't even think of throwing it finish it now fast " Maa said in a strick tone.

I held my breath and gulped the milk down my throat."Good girl " mom said patting my head." I am sorry Maa you had to make breakfast I don't know how I overslept today" I said looking down.

"No problem beta its not only your work to make breakfast and you will be leaving tomorrow atleast let me cook nice dishes before you guys leave for Noida" Maa said smiling with a little bit of sadness in her eyes.

"And anyways you are my dil, I can do this much and much more for you." Maa said. "Dil?" I asked not understand Daughter-in- law" she said winking at me. God I have got one of the coolest mother- in -law. I smiled at her.