Chapter fifteen - Big reveal!

"...still stays away. Last, the robot madness is finally over. According to 8-Bit, the incident in the Candy Land challenge endgame involved the robots that were not in the robot factory at the time of the update. With this new update all problems are now fixed. The new date for the Challenge Finale is still being discussed." With that, the Brawlinews ended, and the speakers in the Star Park Gift Shop blared back to music.

Mandy and Chester were here to pick up their new pins. Mandy for her new Magma Mandy skin and Chester for his spooky clown costume Dark Chester. While Edgar fetched the pins from storage in his usual edgy mood, Chester scanned the counter. There was quite a mess of pens and papers. Next to a picture was a lidless mason jar—the staff tip jar also known as Griff's weapon in battle.

"Do you even get any tips if the stupid cash only uses it as killing bullets?" Mandy asked Edgar when he came back with the two pins.

"That's exactly why we take out the money immediately, if there is any inside.", Edgar replied with an evil smile.

Mandy reached for her purse to pay for her pin, but Chester just stood there, frozen, staring at the picture next to the tip jar. It was a photo of Edgar in his Orochi-outfit, Griff in his Highscore-costume, and a laughing girl with white hair, red skin, bat wings, and devil claws.

Suddenly everything made sense! The flashes, the photos, the white hair, the red scales, and the Star Park Couple story! Everything fit together!!! The monster they had been fleeing from in the mine had actually been following and watching them for much longer! And it wasn't a monster either, it was a brawler! The brawler who knew more about brawl stars and brawlers than anyone else. The brawler who could sneak up silently and easily break into locked—or snow-covered—buildings and stalk others. The brawler who had a red-scaled devil skin and was allowed to fly outside of a match: COLETTE! Or at the moment she was more likely Trixie-Colette, the winged horror!!!

Wow! Big reveal!

And still things exploded in his head.

Colette hadn't been at the shopkeepers' meeting and now Edgar was also alone in the souvenir shop. At the conference, Griff had said something like Candy Land would distract his employees. Had Edgar led him to believe that Colette wouldn't come to work because of her fascination with the new brawlers? But what really happened? Did it have anything to do with Byron? After all, Edgar was his grandson and he and his girlfriend often helped him with his experiments.

Did something go wrong? Was that why Byron had to leave so urgently and have Poco represent him?

Questions and questions flooded Chester's head. But he knew what had to be done now. Suddenly he realized that both Edgar and Mandy were staring at him questioningly and confused.

"Edgar, I guess it's very important that wetalk."