Chapter four - Ugh, bitter like burnt syrup.

"Now that I think about it, you're right. So far, Byron has always given me a reason why he had to leave."

Poco thoughtfully played the final notes of his healing tune while Mandy looked down at her arms and stroked her forehead. Everything was healed.

"There was probably another accident in the lab. Last time, Edgar and Colette spent two days chasing a biting, fire-breathing venomous snake because one of his experiments went wrong."

"Wow, that sucks," Chester replied.

"Yes, bitter like burnt syrup," Mandy added before jumping off the opperation table and grabbing her wand. "Thank you Poco!"

"Anytime," the musician representing Byron was about to say, but just then the window of the doctor's office was smashed in by a gigantic tin fist.

A melee robot crashed into the doctor's office, thrashing wildly.

"Crumbling caramel!" Mandy scolded and started firing beams of sugar at him.

Poco started playing again. This time his crushing Attack Melody. Chester hopped and spun to the music while dodging the robot's fists.

"What's that tin can doing in Metropolis?" he asked as he started juggling his bullets.

"I have no idea, but this isn't the first time they've attacked us," Poco replied. "I'm stocked!"

"Thanks!" Chester turned to the music again before defeated the enemy by throwing all the missiles at the robot at once. "Please leave a review."

Poco laughed and clapped while Mandy rolled her eyes. She was about to make a scathing comment when two more robots appeared. A second melee robot thumped the ground with a fist, while a long-range robot fired at the three brawlers from the street. Mandy lost her balance and fell hard on her elbows. Chester blocked the attacks as best he could but also took damage. During the fight, they heard Poco screaming.

The second robot's shots had hit him, causing heavy damage. The wounded musician angrily grabbed his guitar.

"I have a bone to pick. Mandy, Chester, let's get this party started!"

With these words he began to play again. Chester took Mandy's hands and danced her through the gunfire, out into the street, until they were close enough to finish off the long-range robot. As the enemy fell to the ground, Chester spun Mandy through the air and faced her.

"Ready?"

"If it is you!" she said.

"Okay, let's go!" he replied, throwing her at the other robot that had followed them.

Mandy sent a stream of sugar through the last robot's chest and knocked its head off with her staff. Chester threw himself on the floor, slipped between the robots' feet and caught Mandy on the other side. Behind them, the headless robot exploded.

"Lead Guitar for Victory! Now that's the power of music!" Poco finished his song.

"The best brawlers make the best teams. You've all been Chested." Chester cheered, but Mandy pinched him and pointed.

"And of course, the three bad guys brought their bad friends with them, too.", the prankster moaned when he saw what she meant. Fifty robots or more were about to devastate Metropolis.

"Ugh, that burnt syrup is really bitter," Mandy murmured through clenched teeth.