Chapter nine - The best Brawlers make the best teams.

"What?"

"What!"

"WHAT?!"

This time it was neither mis programmed robots nor Frost Queen Amber with her entourage. This time, Mandy's tantrum was enough to devastate Candy Land. Once again shelves had fallen over, again the floor was littered with sweets, only this time the blood was missing, and no one was hurt – so far.

"Jumping jellyfish! Mandy, calm down!" Cupcake Darryl stood protectively in front of what was left of the store.

The CEO of Candy Land breathed heavily, but then she lowered her weapon. But her anger was far from gone. She ran angrily through the devastated store.

"Couple of the Star Park?! I cannot believe it! How could that even happen?"

"Why are you so upset about it?" asked the pirate. "That's great advertising for Candy Land, isn't it? You should be flattered that you've been nominated to the Star Park couple."

"WE ARE NOT A COUPLE!" Mandy yelled at him.

"But you're acting like one," Buzette said, handing her phone to her, so she could review the pictures that were posted on the community server.

"These photos were all taken out of context! On this one, I only got that close to growl at him. We're laying on each other on this one because I had to pull him from the wall. And what is that?!" Stunned, she stared at a picture showing her and Chester snuggled sleeping together in the snow-covered candy shop. "Who took this photo?! Darryl, did you-"

But before she could finish the sentence, pale hands wrapped around her. Chester had crept up and hugged her from behind.

"Well, I think we make a great couple," he whispered, looking at the photos. "The best brawlers make the best teams."

The heat rose in her cheeks, but this time it was less anger. More embarrassment. She quickly freed herself from Chester's hug to take a few steps away.

"We should clean up," she said, with her back to the prank master. "Buzette, get the brooms and sweep up the floor with Chester, Darryl..."

But Darryl was gone. He stood at the entranceand waved to someone who just turned and left. For a second a piece of a blackand white striped scarf fluttered in the front door, then nothing was to beseen.