CHAPTER 48: ROB'S REVENGE

Start from the beginning

I said,  "Sydney said it was going good, she didn't see any styles she liked, and the ladies got tired and so they were giving it up and leaving to go have lunch, and by some miraculous coincidence, Sydney ended up having to move over in the aisle to let a lady and her kids go by which she bumped into a wedding dress in the kids section that was just put there right before she saw it, and was only going to be there long enough for the clerk to talk on the phone."

Doug said, "Sydney get upset because she loved the dress?"

I said, "She loved it, but she was relieved because it was so expensive. You won't believe what this dress cost."  Doug said, "A couple thousand."

I said, "no try 50 grand."  Doug said, "no way."  Tom said, "yeah I mean Sydney and Judy were shocked at the price, and Sydney was relieved. She had Judy take pics of her in it, just to have as a memory of trying on such an expensive dress. Then they left to go eat lunch, when get this my mom and her aunt hand her an envelope, with a blank card, where they wrote how much they loved her, and my mom going on about how she was sent by my dad to save me, and she's an angel to me, and how my mom  has prayed that I would fall in love and get married."

Doug said, "I bet that made Sydney get emotional. And probably you feeling guilty you are lying to your mom"

I said,  "yeah but there's more."

I said, "So Sydney thanked them for the card, and then they told her she missed the piece of paper with it, so she looked at it and she was horrified because it was the receipt to the dress."

Doug said, "what the 50 grand dress."  Tom said, "yes, I guess her aunt, my mom, and her dad putting up most of the money bought the dress.  her dad said if she see's a dress that makes her cry, and she looks like a princess to buy it no matter the cost. And my mom chipped in thousands, I'm not sure how much, but my mom doesn't have that kind of money."

Doug said, "I can't believe this. What are you guys going to do."

I said, "Well Sydney called me up crying and all upset, couldn't talk. I guess she thought I'd be mad at her and blame her. When she couldn't talk just cried I freaked out hurried to the mall thinking that she was in danger like a mass shooter. I finally got her to tell me.  I came to the decision that we only had 2 choices, because we can't let them spend 50 grand like that and never have her wear it or have a wedding. So I told her that either we hurt all those we love, her dad, brother, aunt, and my mom, and have her family hate me, and I will lose them, or we get married for real. And after talking to her, convincing her, we decided that we are going to have to get married for real."

Doug said, "now I see why you look shell shocked.  But Hanson you have to admit this is what you deep down want to do. You are crazy in love with this girl. Anyone who has eyes can see you're in love. And if you want to deny it, I think that went out the window the night of the prom, the way you reacted, running into that fiery gym, and the desperation and the fear in your eyes when she wasn't breathing, or when she was in the ER, and we were waiting. Anyone there that night, can see you're in love. Fake relationship or not."

I said, "yeah everyone can see but Sydney. I admit it. I'm in love with her, and that scares the hell out of me. I don't even know how this could have happened. I never wanted to be in love. And the other thing wrong about it is I'm in love with a girl who doesn't love me, will never be in love with me."

Doug said, "you sure about that?"

I said, "yeah I am. I mean yes she loves me, but as a best friend. Not as her man. And while I thought the only decision we could make was to get married, she thought the decision was to tell everyone that this is fake."

Doug said, "what so she would rather tell everyone that you are not a real couple, than get married."

I said, "yep."