Chapter 8: 'Don't fucking touch her!'

Comincia dall'inizio

Chris pulls out my chair for me and I sit down. He then sits down across from me.

A younger waiter then opens the bottle of champagne and pours us some.

"What are we celebrating?" I ask. "That a beautiful woman agreed to go on a date with me."

We clink glasses and both take a sip. A waitress comes up with the menus and explains the daily specials to us.

"Thank you." I say before she walks off. "I'm not interested in the specials to be honest." I admit.

"Me neither. They have a really wide selection." He comments. And I agree.

"Do you want a starter?" He asks and I shake my head. "Not really, I'm kind of hungry." He agrees.

After a few minutes of silence since we're both looking on what to eat, Chris speaks.

"I'm having the steak, medium cooked." He informs me. "Good choice. The steak must be good here but I'm going for a chicken salad." I inform him.

"Ah yes, also a great choice." We close our menus and soon enough a waiter comes up to us.

"Have you decided on a drink? Or maybe the food even?" He asks us.

"We've decided on both. For me a chicken salad and a sex on the beach cocktail please." I say and he writes it down.

"Okay. And for you sir?"

"For me Bud Light beer and a steak, medium cooked." He orders. "I got that, it's coming right up."

"I pictured you as a wine and cocktail guy if I'm being honest." I laugh. "I am, just not right now."

"One of us has to drive after." I remind him.

"That'll be alright. I'm not drunk after one beer." He assures me. "Mhm" I tease.

"So.. we've been seeing each other for a little while now, I finally got you to agree on a date.. we've been together almost every day for a week now.. I'm just curious how you see us?"

"I know we've been very close this week and the media already thinks we're dating but I'm doubting.. because we have to play in the movie together soon enough and I think it'll be harder for us to work together like that. That doesn't take away that I like you though." I explain.

"I get it, it might be harder. But it could also be more fun and easier. I'm sure we will have to kiss in the movie and that way it'll look more real." He says.

"True, it's a tough decision." The waiter comes up to us with our drinks.

"Can I try your beer?" I ask. "You like beer?"

"Sometimes I feel like drinking a beer, yes." I reply.

"Here, have a sip. Can I try your cocktail then?" I nod and hand him my cocktail.

"Ooh this beer is nice." I say, setting it on his side of the table. "This cocktail is way too sweet." I laugh at his face. He then gives it back.

"I have an idea. We keep seeing each other, you go on more dates with me, we won't get into a relationship until after the movie." Chris suggests.

"Okay." I bite my lip while staring into his eyes. "Don't do that, y/n." He threatens.

"Why not?" I ask, as if I don't know. "You know exactly why." He glares at me.

"Do I now?" I smirk. "Yes you do." He bites his lip now too. "Don't do that, Chris." I imitate him.

He laughs. "I see how it is."