She leaves me breathless, our breaths heavier as we press our foreheads together. Then she smiles and adjusts the buttons of my shirt that her hands had messed with and pushes me to the bathroom to change.

I have to taste her lips one final time as I take out my military uniform. Dressing faster than I normally did, I'm done in no time and again I'm standing in front of her.

She looks at me in awe, this was the first time she'd ever seen me in these clothes. She takes a badge that lays on my dressing table and pins it over the left side of the shirt.

"My soldier," she pats my chest after fixing the badge. Her eyes remain on the clothing for a long time and so many emotions come over me that I wrap her to my chest as my hand pats her hair.

I softly kiss her forehead as we hug and she tightly wraps her arms around me, her head nuzzling deeper into my chest. We stand in the middle of the room lost in each other's embrace before I feel her pull back.

She looks away, her eyes on the carpet as she angles her head away. Before I can even say anything, she sniffles and I dart to stand before her.

I cup her cheeks as I slowly incline her head up. Tears streak down her adorable face and my heart constricts when she hiccups. "P-Promise me that you'll be safe Grey,"

I swallow thickly, my palms running on both sides of her face as I pat her hair. "I'll be fine, nothing will happen to me." I utter solemnly though her expression never wavers.

"I will be extra careful sweetheart, remember those dates you've planned for me? I'll be there with you, I always look forward to our time together."

"I still have to learn baking with you, there are also countless books that you have yet to read me. With you, I plan to explore all the places you keep telling me about."

"I look forward to all the games we play, as Dalton chases after us with his water gun, Mayella turning me into a princess as she builds a sand castle."

"There are so many things I have to do with you, so please believe me when I say I will be back. I don't want to think of a day when you're not beside me."

I reach out for the top drawer of my cabinet and pull out a small box I've kept for a while. Her tears have stopped flowing and I wipe away the remaining traces as I take her hand.

"This is my promise to you that I'll be safe," I inhale further as her eyes stare into mine. "Have faith in me that I will be careful, I'll take care of my myself, I'll always come back my tulip."

I pull out a ring, it has the moon engraved at the front, then take her left hand all the while watching her expression. She stares at the promise ring, her lips trembling.

Her eyes look back at me and then at the ring. She shakily takes a deep breath before slowly extending her hand to me.

I wait for her confirmation even after I've taken her hand. She nods and that's when I slip the ring up her middle finger. She sniffles again as she says, "I believe you."

I hug her tighter, calmly rubbing my hands up and down her back. It is to sooth her, make her breathing easier but I am the one who needs this the most.

I might have appeared calm outwardly but there is a tornado inside my heart, even the blood pumping through my veins feels uneasy.

Ginelle wipes her face again and again as I watch her before she excuses herself to clean up, rushing into my bathroom. I know she doesn't want me to see her cry.

I wait outside the looked door, my ear inclined to the wood even when I can't hear a thing. I place the empty box on my hand back to the drawer I'd previously kept it.