Chapter 9| Good Save

(Vinnies POV)

"I mean how could someone be such a CREEP?!" Vonne yelled. I sat there holding the tablet close to my chest as I watched her get her rage out.

"Michaels family must think I'm disgusting!"

"They don't think you're disgusting Mrs. Jackson, maybe they're still settling to the news. It's not your fault that you and your husband were having sex" I tried to tell her.

"Yes but the curtains were WIDEEE open! Who the hell leaves their curtains WIDE open at night?" She said. Ohhh, now I see what she means.

"Ohh...so therefore it looked like you were trying to give them a reason to..." I dragged along my sentence. She nodded frantically.

"YES! Made it seem like I was doing it on purpose!" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why is everyone blaming you for this problem though? Michael was involved too"

"Michael has enough on his plate but to make things worse they want to get to me so that it could break him down" I grew confused at the point she was trying to make. She sighed deeply.

"Michael is very passionate and sensitive so how would you think he feels about a bunch of people teaming up on his wife?" Realization clicked in.

"OHH! Oh wow. That's messed up" I said.  That's when Michael busted into the room looking like he was ready to open a can of whoop ass. Vonne got worried and so did I.

"Baby what's wrong?" He stopped in the middle of the room and ran his fingers through his hair until he stopped at the back of it.

"That sick son of a bitch.." he muttered to himself while smiling.

"Michael talk to me!" Vonne pressed.

"I know who the leader of the press is.." He said with a weird grin. My heart began to slowly race but I kept my composure. Vonne raised her eyebrows.

"Who?" She asked.

"An old friend of mine. His name is Louis Putmon" He said. Vonne chuckled.

"He's got the same last name as Vinnie!" She said pointing at me.

Yeah, he's my father dumbass.

I put on a fake smile and laughed awkwardly.

"Yeahh...what a coincidence huh?" I said in a fake happy tone. Michael looked at me as if he knew something was up. I began to get uncomfortable. Thankfully, my phone rang. I quickly picked it up and seen that it was Grayson. I blushed but took this opportunity to leave the room.

"Oh dear! Gotta take this sorry!" I said in a hurry before grabbing my tablet and scurrying out the room.

"Grayson!" I yelled in a whisper as I was outside the room.

"Hey sunshine! You ok? what's wrong?" He asked from the tone of my voice.

"They know about our boss! And I think that Michael probably knows that I'm his daughter because Michael's loud mouth wife told him that we have the same last name!" I panicked.

"Whoa whoa whoa, ok I doubt that! But about them finding out the leader to the press, how the bloody hell did they do that?" He asked.

"I don't know but I don't want to get fired nor thrown in jail for this!"

"How would you get thrown in jail?" I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

"Grayson. I get the word from my father then I send it to you and then I post the news on the presses account! And if they found the leader that easy imagine how easy it would be to find-"

"VINNIE!" I jumped when I heard my name being called from the dressing room.

"Vinnie don't hang up the phone." Grayson demanded.

"I'm sorry but I have to!" I instantly hung up and walked back in. I seen Vonne looking at her phone with a huge smile.

"Y-yes ma'am?" I asked her. She turned to me and looked up with relief.

"We found the guy who took those pictures" my stomach sunk. My smile twitched.

"Really? Who?" I asked. I felt stuck.

"Apparently, his name is Peter...Britton?" She said at the end with a chuckle at the last name. All nervousness left my body. I was now filled with confusion.

"That's a..odd name" I said.

"I know right" Michael responded. Vonne then examined the photo and furrowed her eyebrows out of confusion.

"Wait a minute..this guy is tan. The guy I seen outside our window was white" my anxiety began to slowly rise back up. I didn't say anything I just stood there in between them.

Ok this is really an emotional rollercoaster.

"Well it was dark outside and things appear differently at night." Vonne crossed her arms.

"That makes no sense Michael." She said. He smacked his lips.

"How does that not make sense? You can barely see shit at night and we had a dim light on" Vonne thought for a second.

"Ok nevermind. I see what you mean. So what do we do now?" I waited for an answer.

"We call the police" Michael suggested. My eyes grew wide.

"What no!" I stupidly blurted out. The both of them looked at me like I was crazy. I realized what I just said and now I have to come up with a whole lie to save myself.

"I mean...the press has been around for ages. It's practically a secondary system of negativity! It comes along with fame! So it would be pointless to call the cops. Now if this was a random stalker THEN it would be reasonable to call the cops" I said. I looked at them hoping they would agree with me.

Michael squinted his eyes lightly and thought really hard as if what I said was bullshit. I mean it was.

Vonne however, nodded in agreement.

"She does have a point there Michael..there's nothing we can do. So let's just do what you said and just ignore it!" I smiled in relief that she decided to drop it. Michael on the other hand looked at me with a suspicious look.

"Yeah...let's just ignore it" he said in a low tone before he left. I gulped and stood in the same spot while Vonne walked to her closet.

Good save, Vinnie!