Chapter 46 - Old friends

Lysa sat alone in her makeshift cell, with her back to the mould-covered wall.

Crix's foul words were still ringing in her head, as she stared vacantly at the space ahead of her.

A gal like you ain't worth loving.

And perhaps she wasn't.

Look at what she had done to Din. Getting him mixed up in her sorry existence.

If Din had never met her, he would have lived his life happy and content. Not becoming involved in Crix or his deadly games.

Lysa let out a long and difficult breath.

As Crix had said, a person like Lysa wasn't worth loving.

Leaning her head back against the wall behind her, Lysa slowly closed her eyes.

The pain in her shoulder had dissipated. But Lysa now felt desperately hot, burning up.

She could feel sweat beading over her pale brow, as her head still pounded thickly in her skull. Not quite sure if all this was a result of the toxic smog that clung to the air all around them, or because of the blaster wound, and the bloodloss?

But did Lysa even care anymore?

If she were dead, Din Djarin would no longer need to come here and risk his life for her. And that was all she wanted now. For Din and Grogu to live a life far away from her, where they would be safe.

It took Lysa a long few seconds to open her eyes, as she heard the door to the room clang open. And someone step inside.

A person that was, this time, not Crix Val'shif.

The long-legged Twi'lek they had called Xi'an was back, her eyes glinting with eager malice as she entered the room.

"Hello again, pretty one," Xi'an said, toying with a short sharp knife in hand, as she strolled forwards.

Lysa eyed her tiredly.

"Go to hell," she replied in an exhausted voice, closing her eyes once more. Regardless of the cause of this fever, Lysa felt wiped and beyond the point of idle chit chat with those only here to wish her harm.

Lysa heard Xi'an cross the room coming to stop in front of her, crouching down to her level.

"Oh," Xi'an said with a short cackle. "I can see why Mando likes you..."

Lysa opened her eyes wearily.

From here she could see Xi'an's pointed yellow teeth curved up into a dangerous smile.

"He ever tell you about him and me?" she said tauntingly, licking at her lips with her long tongue. "No?"

Lysa ruminated on this new information, as she stared at Xi'an.

Should she be surprised that Din had a past? Likely no. But one that involved Xi'an? Perhaps that was a little more difficult to hear.

Xi'an gave another loud cackle which, at this close proximity, caused Lysa to wince.

"Oh me and Mando were so good together," she said leaning her face close to Lysa's, causing the blonde baker to swallow back a sick feeling that was rising inside her. Was this jealousy or something else entirely?

"Did he tell you he likes it rough?" said Xi'an in a vicious voice. "Reaally rough."

Lysa gave another small swallow, as she felt a bead of perspiration trickle down her temple.

Had she got it all wrong?

Was Xi'an the type of person Din usually went for? An exciting, fiery, strong woman? Everything that Lysa was not?