Chapter 34 - I need you

It was late afternoon by the time Din finally emerged from his sleeper.

He had slept far longer than he had intended, but couldn't deny that he felt refreshed after finally getting some much needed rest.

Stepping into the living area, helmet firmly back over his head, feeling more than a little disorientated. He drew the eyes of the two figures standing behind the counter of his little kitchen area.

"Patu!" came the sudden voice of Grogu, as he offered Din an excitable look.

And Din could only give a bemused frown, noticing now that the tip of his son's nose and the very tops of his ears, were covered in a white coating of flour.

"Afternoon," came Lysa's sudden warm and teasing voice, as Din's eyes slid to hers.

Lysa's green eyes seemed to sparkle in the late-afternoon sun. She looked so heavenly now, stood there in a long, pale lilac tunic, cleaning up the counter with a small white cloth. With Din so caught up in the sheer disappointment of his inability to track down Crix these past few days, and so worried that he had failed her. He had barely noticed what Lysa had been wearing when he had arrived back at the cabin this morning.

"Sorry," he uttered, in a voice far huskier now than he had expected. "I slept longer than I thought."

Lysa smiled up at him wrinkling her nose, but didn't say a word. Remaining utterly silent as she moved around the counter now and approached him.

Din felt his heart begin to hammer away inside his ribs, as she drew near.

And within a second or two she had come to stop just an inch from him. Smiling, oh-so deliciously, up at him. As though he was the only person to exist on this earth.

Din parted his lips, breathing hard, not quite sure what she was doing.

But within a moment she had raised her hand, as Din flushed profusely behind his beskar helmet, feeling her warm fingers accidentally graze his skin, as she did up the loose button on the tunic that covered his neck.

Din cursed himself for not checking that it was done up in its entirety before he had left the sleeper.

But Lysa didn't seem to mind, lowering her hand and grazing her palm over the armour plating that covered his chest as she did so.

He appreciated her discretion and subtlety now. A warm feeling growing inside the Mandalorian, at her proximity to him.

"We've been baking," she said with another gentle smile, turning and nodding towards the counter behind her, to where a veritable bounty of sweet-breads, pies and loaves now sat. "Haven't we, Grogu?"

Grogu from his position on the counter beside the goods, gave a chirp of happiness, as he waddled toward the edge of the edge of the kitchen island toward Din.

The tall Mandalorian strolled towards his son, before swiping a gloved finger over his nose and the flour that lingered there.

"Looks like I missed all the fun," Din uttered in a ragged voice, thick with sarcasm. Baking being something he was certain he would always prefer to leave to a professional like Lysa.

But Din quickly noticed Lysa shoot him a smirking look from the corner of his eye, coming to stand beside him now. Elbows resting on the counter behind her easily. Her body looking utterly perfect beneath her light tunic dress, as she posed there, Din noted. Giving a hard swallow.

"You know I'm liking this gravelly voice thing you've got going on," she retorted in a playful tone, pointing at his throat and narrowing her green eyes tauntingly. "Kinda reminds me of an Anzellan. Sorta...husky, y'know?"