15

╰┈➤ ❝ chapter fifteen ❞

"please, be careful with those things."

haechan is now pouting as he was hugging jaemin's arm, he didn't even know why he was clinging to him. he was just asking for his help how to be a secretary but jaemin is already packing his things up.

"jaemin..." he whined, shaking his arm.

"chan, i told you that mr. lee will guide you." jaemin said calmly, not minding haechan clinging to him.

"eh? you know my nickname?" haechan asked, sounding surprised as he looked at him.

"uh..." he gulped, he couldn't think of any excuses to use.

"but anyways," haechan leaned again on jaemin's shoulder. "i don't want mr. lee to help me, he looks scary." he pouted.

well, he actually doesn't find him scary but after the incident last night, he can't even look at mr. lee.

"he won't eat you," jaemin said calmly.

but haechan just whined, jaemin let out a laugh and shook his head. he actually missed this, if renjun is also here, he would probably want to feel this again.

to be with haechan, their sunshine friend.

"i will be waiting for your decision, architect na."

haechan and jaemin suddenly shifted to where the deep voice came from. there they saw the guy wearing a suit and had his hands in his pocket.

haechan slowly went on jaemin's back which the guy in front of them see it, a smirk slowly flashed on his face as haechan is now peeking up on jaemin's shoulder.

he's still scared of him, huh.

"why are you here again, engineer lee?" jaemin asked, and had his eyebrow raised.

"may i remind you that mark and i have been best of friends since diapers," he said calmly. "but that's not the only main reason." he smirked.

well, besides that mark called him earlier, spamming him lots of messages saying that mark needs him. the other reason why he was here is because of jaemin.

the guy he still loves the most.

"jeno." a serious voice called.

the three of them shifted to the ceo who is now seriously looking at them. jeno just smiled at them before he made his way to the ceo’s office.

"you guys broke up?"

the question that unconsciously came out from haechan's mouth, the lee's has already disappeared and it's just the two of them again.

"how did you know that... we broke up?"

jaemin is now looking at him, frowning. haechan met jaemin's eyes but he didn't let jaemin saw the nervousness in his eyes.

"i just feel it," haechan said and looked away. "based on how he looks and talks to you, it feels like there is something else," he added.

jaemin stared at his friend for a couple of seconds before he looked away, letting out a sigh. jaemin also feels it, how jeno still talks to him in a soft and teasing way, just like what he always did before. he still feels it because he also feels the same way.