05

╰┈➤ ❝ chapter five ❞

"he's going to melt."

"don't call me that."

jeno immediately looked at his friend, frowning. he just said that haechan might be going to melt because mark is staring at him for a long time.

"calling you what?" jeno frowned.

"melt." mark said

"asshole, what i mean is haechan is going to melt, stupid." he rolled his eyes. "why don't you just go closer to him?"

"i pushed him away earlier," mark said. still eyeing haechan. "he's probably mad at me."

"lol, that's the reason why i am here, dumb shit." jeno said. "haechan was wondering why you act like that, he said that to jaemin and jaemin said it to me," he added.

"dad was there," mark said. "he can come out any second and i was scared that he might saw us."

"why would you be scared? you can just even say that he was your friend." jeno said.

"i know you know that i never saw haechan as my friend." he sighed, finally facing his friend.

"oh, yeah. stupid me. you see haechan as your guy, by the way." jeno said, rolling his eyes.

mark suddenly blushed and it was already normal for jeno. whenever there were just two of them, mark was usually like this whenever haechan was the topic. jeno can't even believe how mark handled not to blush whenever he was with haechan.

"but how long are you gonna keep it?"

mark didn't know what to respond, his eyes stuck into nowhere.

"my feelings or-"

"both, mark lee." jeno cuts him off as he already knows what mark is going to say.

"i still don't know..." he looked down. "i'm scared that once he finds out my identity, he will leave me."

"how can you say that?" jeno asked. "haechan will never do that, even though he was scared as hell at me, i know he was the most understandable person i've ever known."

"but still doesn't change the fact that i hid my true identity," mark said.

"but you didn't want to hide it though, right?" jeno asked.

mark nodded, still looking down. haechan might find out the truth soon and it scares mark, thinking that haechan might have left him to hide a secret from him. mark didn't even know why haechan easily got his attention, mark doesn't even care if someone left him before.

now, just thinking that haechan might leave him, it feels like his whole world is gonna crash.

he hates him at first, he hates why in all those people in the world, why it has to be haechan to hear his singing voice. but mark realized that he might be really destined to him, haechan is his sunshine who gives a light on his life.

"haechan will find out the truth anytime, mark. better be saying it already." jeno said.

he let out a sigh, he might really tell this soon.

he looked at the open field again where haechan is, but mark suddenly frowned when he saw sungchan again together with haechan.

"smell jealousy." jeno said.