𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙: 𝙰 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎

Flashback

Elliot's grip loosened, allowing Patrick's lifeless body to collide with the cold, unforgiving basement floor. His gaze shifted to Tate, who was dragging Chad's body down the stairs with a mixture of exhaustion and solemnity etched across his face. The basement bore witness to the grim aftermath of their actions – a tableau of tragedy and finality.

Side by side, the two best friends let out synchronized sighs, a shared moment of respite amidst the haunting silence. Their attention remained fixed on the lifeless figures they had just brought down, a haunting reminder of the darkness that had consumed them.

Amidst the heavy air, Nora descended the stairs, her eyes widening in shock as they fell upon the lifeless forms of Patrick and Chad. A gasp escaped her lips as she neared, her hand trembling as it reached out to graze the side of Patrick's cold, lifeless face. Her touch was gentle, almost reverent, as if seeking an understanding of the violence that had brought them to this point.

"They're dead," Nora whispered, her voice laced with worry, the weight of the situation settling heavily upon her shoulders. "This is wrong, all wrong," she mumbled to herself, shaking her head in disbelief. Turning her gaze back to the figures behind her, her curiosity became accusation. "Who are you?" Her voice was sharp, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. "What did you do to my house?" Nora's gaze shifted from Elliot to Tate, her tone a mix of defiance and desperation. "My belongings?"

Elliot's head tilted slightly, a gesture of innocence and earnestness. "It wasn't us, don't worry," he assured her, his voice carrying a touch of sympathy.

Tate, his demeanor soft but resolute, continued the conversation, his voice an attempt to bridge the gap of understanding. "I know you've suffered for a long time. We're here to help you."

Recognition seemed to dawn in Nora's eyes, her initial hostility dissipating into a fragile curiosity. "I need my baby," she muttered, her words tinged with yearning and sorrow. The mere mention of her child ignited a spark of lost hope within her.

Tate's response carried a note of somber truth. "They were fighting and decided not to make one."

Elliot chimed in, his words carrying a glimmer of possibility. "Maybe a new family will move in, and they can give you what you want."

Nora's lips curved into a bittersweet smile, her demeanor shifting from agitation to a fragile sense of contentment. "Yes, a baby... I just... want my baby."

The bond formed between Tate, Elliot, and Nora in that moment was fleeting yet profound. In their own twisted way, they had granted her a semblance of peace, a connection amidst the chaos. Tate and Elliot mirrored her smile, a shared acknowledgment of their unique and troubling role in her life.

Ophelia found herself standing in the solemn solitude of her bathroom, her reflection staring back at her from within the mirror's depths. The toll of recent events was etched upon her features, her once-bright eyes now shadowed by prominent bags that bore witness to her weariness. The wear and tear on her face spoke volumes of the emotional weight she had been carrying, a burden that had taken residence beneath her eyes.

Fatigue had become her uninvited companion, a constant presence despite the rest she managed to acquire. It was a strange paradox - the nights spent with Tate and Elliot had offered her a unique form of solace, granting her the precious gift of sleep. A faint, wistful smile played on her lips as she ruminated on the fact that both Tate and Elliot now held a significant place in her heart, an unconventional yet strangely comforting arrangement.