𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖊𝖓: 𝚂𝚖𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚗

Seated in a  rocking chair, Ophelia cradled her rounded and swollen abdomen with a mixture of wonder and affection. Her fingertips gently glided over the gentle curve, a silent connection to the life growing within her. The room was filled with the soothing melody of classical music, creating an atmosphere of calm anticipation as she imagined the moment she would meet her unborn babies.

But as her fingers traced the surface of her belly, her smile of reverie transformed into a look of bewilderment and unease. A distinct imprint of a hoof marred the smoothness of her skin. Confusion clouded her thoughts, giving way to a creeping sense of fear that coiled in the pit of her stomach.

In an instant, a jolt of pain tore through her body, causing her to clutch her abdomen in distress. The pain was as sudden as it was intense, and she struggled to process what was happening. The air seemed to thicken with an electric tension, her heart racing as she grappled with the unsettling experience.

Abruptly, a blinding, radiant light erupted from outside the window. It flooded into the room, casting ethereal shadows and illuminating everything in its path. The brilliance was almost too much to bear, causing her to shield her eyes as she squinted against the intensity.

Through the incandescent glow, a form materialized, gradually taking shape within the luminous halo. The outline of a figure became discernible, shrouded in the radiance that seemed to emanate from it. Details remained obscured, shrouded by the sheer brilliance of the light that enveloped the mysterious presence.

Despite the blinding luminosity, an odd sense of comfort and warmth accompanied the apparition's presence. The radiant entity appeared to glide forward, the light rippling like liquid around its form. Ophelia's gaze fixed on the enigmatic figure, her heart pounding with a mix of trepidation and curiosity.

As the radiant being drew near, its luminous hand extended towards her stomach. A delicate, otherworldly energy seemed to flow from its touch, enveloping her belly in a soothing embrace. The pain that had wracked her body moments before ebbed away, replaced by an uncanny sensation of relief and serenity.

The distant chimes of Ophelia's phone broke the hostility of her dreams, and she emitted a groggy moan in response. Her hand, heavy with sleep, stretched out towards the bedside table to retrieve the source of the interruption. Lifting her head with a slight effort, she managed to answer the call and bring the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Her voice, still laced with remnants of sleep, carried a sense of weariness. The two young men who were intertwined with her in bed stirred as well, roused from their slumber by the unexpected call.

Tate, curious to be part of Ophelia's pregnancy journey despite his spectral presence, whispered, "I wanna hear." His request prompted an eye-roll from Ophelia as she put the call on speaker.

"Is everything okay?" She inquired, sitting up with Elliot and Tate perched on either side, their ears tuned to the conversation unfolding through the phone.

"Heteropaternal superfecundation," Dr. Garret's voice echoed through the phone, introducing a term that seemed to awaken Ophelia further from her drowsy state.

"Hetero—huh?" Ophelia's fingers rubbed at her eyes as if to dispel the remnants of sleep clinging to her senses.

"Your twins have different fathers," Dr. Garret's voice announced, and Ophelia's alertness surged in an instant. All three listeners – Ophelia, Tate, and Elliot – responded with a harmonious chorus of disbelief and astonishment.

"I'm sorry, how the fuck is that possible?" Ophelia's voice betrayed her incredulity as she hushed the whispers from the boys in the background.

"It's an extremely rare occurrence, maybe one in a million," Dr. Garret explained, her words unraveling the improbable circumstances. "You must have engaged in intercourse with two different men during the same ovulation cycle, within a 48-hour window."