𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊: 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 2

Joey's heart pounded as he pulled up to the house, his mind racing with worry. He climbed out of the car in a rush, leaving it parked haphazardly, and sprinted through the yard, desperate to reach the front door. "Ophelia!" Joey called out, his voice tinged with concern as he swung the door open. As he selected the button to turn of the alarm system he called for his daughter again, the silence inside the house unsettling him. "Ophelia!"

Anxiety gnawed at him as he searched through the lower levels of the house, checking every room for any sign of Ophelia. When he found no trace of her, he hurriedly ascended the stairs, his steps heavy with fear. out again, his voice echoing through the empty hallway. As he reached Ophelia's room, his heart sank to find it empty. Panic surged within him, and he fumbled to retrieve his phone from his pocket, his hands trembling slightly as he dialed his dau ghost's number, praying she would answer.

Joey's heart raced with anxiety as he waited for Ophelia to pick up the phone. The sense of relief washed over him when he finally heard her voice on the other end. "Ophelia, where are you?" he asked, trying to keep his tone steady.

"I'm just hanging with friends," Ophelia confirmed, her voice carrying a hint of guilt.

"I told you not to leave," Joey replied, his concern evident in his voice.

"I'm sorry, I should have called you earlier," Ophelia apologized, aware of her mistake.

"Are you safe?" Joey inquired, taking a deep breath to steady himself.

"Yeah, I swear," Ophelia reassured him, but Joey couldn't shake off the lingering worry.

"Are you having fun?" he asked, trying to sound less anxious.

"Yeah... what happened with the guy banging on the door?" Ophelia inquired, shifting the focus away from herself.

"It was just some kids; they were playing a prank," Joey explained, grateful for the opportunity to divert her attention from the unnerving incident. The doorbell rang again, interrupting their conversation. "They're gone now... I'll see you when you get home, don't have too much fun," he said, wanting to end the call before his emotions got the better of him.

"Okay. Alright. Bye," Ophelia responded before hanging up, leaving Joey feeling unsettled and on edge. As he walked back down the steps, the doorbell rang once more, causing his heart to skip a beat. When he opened the door, his fears were confirmed as he came face to face with Hayden. Shock and panic overwhelmed him, and without thinking, he slammed the door shut, attempting to shield himself and his daughter from whatever Hayden's presence might bring.

Joey's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, trying to comprehend how Hayden could possibly be alive after witnessing her death. His breaths became heavy and labored as he desperately tried to come up with a reasonable explanation. It dawned on him that Larry and Hayden must have been working together all along, staging her death to deceive him. Shock turned into rage, and he marched outside, fueled by anger and determination to find Hayden.

Armed with a shovel, Joey scoured his yard and surroundings, intent on locating Hayden. Suddenly, a voice broke through his thoughts, and he turned to see Larry standing there. The rage inside him erupted, and without hesitation, he swung the shovel, hitting Larry and causing him to collapse. Joey cast the shovel aside, grabbing Larry by his suit and pushing him into the gazebo.

"Where is she?!" Joey demanded, his grip tightening around Larry's shirt, scanning the area for any sign of Hayden.

"Who?!" Larry gasped, blood oozing from his nose.

"Hayden! I know she's out here somewhere," Joey seethed, his eyes darting around, searching for any trace of her.

"Get your hands off of me! Help!" Larry struggled to break free, but Joey's grip remained firm.