''Boom, direct hit.'' She hissed with victorious grin.

The smoke slowly dissipated. Ange's triumphant smile was instantly scorched and replaced with an expression of disbelief. The black smoke then faded away. Revealing the figure she had just shot.

 Revealing the figure she had just shot

The figure was slowly revealed by the smoke that disappeared in the rain. The two yellow eyes seemed to stare at all of us on the bridge. Her smile then widened at us.

''It's....''

''Purifier.'' Enty answered with cold tone.

"Do you want to play?" he asked in a childish tone, his voice carrying over to the ship's radio. We all gasped in silence. Ange quickly regained her senses and once again took aim at the Siren. Our Mark 45 cannon quickly returned its muzzle to the siren.

Several Siren ships once again emerged from their ports. Now we were trapped. Even the evacuation of HMS Javelin had not been completed. This time we had to fight without moving. ''What should we do, sir?!" asked a crewman in a somewhat panicked tone. I could read his state. My crew's entire face was asking for my answer. I clenched my hands into fists.

Fine, if we have to do this again.

''Show her everything we've got.''

The VLS cells both in front and behind opened. The cannons, front CIWS, and secondary cannons aimed right at those in front. RBOC canisters were open. Ready to release the chaff. I picked up the radio, then synchronized it with the shipgirls' communications.

''Alright, girls. Listen up, I want the girls with strong air defenses to form a defense line around the Javelin. The destroyer and light cruiser girls, step forward! Don't worry about air safety, our missiles can still reach you.'' I said over the radio.

From the side of the ship, Cleveland nodded in understanding. Confidently, she clenched her fist, then looked at all his younger siblings. ''Let's show our best!''

The shipgirls took up all the vulnerable positions near us. All of their anti-aircraft artillery prepared to intercept the Siren planes that appeared in the distance. Our air defenses, both near and far, were prepared for any eventuality. Enterprise then stood on top of our cannon turret and pulled her bow string. Two lightning arrows instantly glowed illuminating the bow. Once again, I picked up the radio.

''ATTACK!!!''

BOOMM!!! BOOMM...!!!

The VLS cells erupted and several RIM-161, Tomahawk and NSM missiles rolled out with a trail of smoke. The Enterprise then released her arrow upwards and then jump from the bow and joined the battle. Several F4Fs and Dauntless aircraft appeared and joined the battle. So did the Hornet. Launching torpedo-laden B-25s towards the siren ships with her rigging decks. ''Fly, Doolitle squadron! Let's finish this in a jiffy!''

We deliberately fired the anti-aircraft missiles first because we remembered our mistake during the first contact. Enemy aircraft should be destroyed first when far away or at medium range. The shipgirls then advanced across the stormy sea to face the Siren. Just to their right and left, missiles flew ahead of them and hit several Siren ships.

''It's a big day, so let's CELEBRATE!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!'' The Purifier then launched forward right at us. The shipgirls immediately opened fire in unison. Despite the waves, they continued to advance and block the way.

''So you want to keep me entertained with this?'' She said sarcastically, but still laughed. ''Too bad, but I'm not amused at all! Eat this!'' Purifier fired her laser. The shipgirls immediately dodged the attack and fired once more. Meanwhile in the sky, the Siren's planes and those of the Enterprise and Hornet exchanged fire. Diverting the Siren planes from our anti-ship missiles. Cleveland and her three younger siblings, with all their might, aimed their attacks at the Purifier. So did the others, but it was as if with a very strong intention, she was really aiming for our ship. and always got out of their way.

''ANGE, NOW!!!'' I shouted. This was the right moment.

Ange took over the cannons and the entire main cannon system as well as the Bushmaster's 25mm secondary cannons. Aiming them all right at the Purifier. With the locking system, Ange easily aimed the cannons at the Purifier. She squeezed the trigger.

BOOMM!!! BOOM!!!

The barrel of the Mark cannon and the  M242 Bushmaster erupted and showered the Purifier with 127mm and 25mm projectiles. The water boiled as the projectiles, shells, and bullets hit the water. Amidst the boiling water, the Purifier ship raced towards our ship.

"DEATH!!!''

The Purifier jumped out of the water, and prepared to launch towards us. A projectile shot out and threw the Purifier away from our ship. HMS Javelin's cannons swiveled towards the Siren, and fired their cannons once more. A projectile struck the Purifier once more. Purifier just stared at our ship with a sinister and evil smile. She slowly stood up, and looked at the shipgirls and us on the bridge.

''That seems to be enough for today...'' She said. ''I was amused by your entertainment, but remember, it's not over yet.'' She hissed as she formed a portal, then entered it. Purifier's presence disappeared from the radar. Radar is clear.

We won.

--

The base of Azur Lane was in sight after about a couple of hours of sailing. The lights of the harbor were also visible from here. In front of us, HMS Javelin was being towed by Laffey's ship. The heliport and half of the stern were completely destroyed. We obviously couldn't imagine that it was us who had been hit.

HMS Javelin was released and further towed by the repair ship girl, Vestal. Who also repaired our ship at that time. The type 45 destroyer was towed to the other side of the island while we headed to the secret dockyard ahead. The secret dockyard was deliberately given to us to avoid reconnaissance from the Siren and Crimson axis. But I don't know, we just had a run-in with the Sirens. I wasn't sure this ship's secrecy would last long.

We must quickly make the Crimson Axis and Azur Lane unite. Before we get into trouble.

After the berthing procedure, I returned to the headquarters office. Vestal informed me over the radio that the ship had to be vacated before later repairs. No crew was to stay on board during the repairs. And of necessity, I had to write a daily report. As usual, as my job as captain.

Knock knock

Someone knocked on the door. But since I was busy, I just let in. It turned out to be Shoukaku. She wore a white t-shirt with trousers of the same color. She nervously stood in front of the door. Occasionally looked at me, then looked away.

''Can I help you?'' I asked as I put my pen back down.

''Uhh.... can i... talk to my sister, Zui-chan?'' 

I thought for a while. Then answered. ''I could have allowed you to contact her right now,'' I hung my sentence for a moment ''but we are in a state of war. I can't guarantee the safety of the others. Contacting the enemy is dangerous for us. You know your own problems with us, don't you? I asked.

Shoukaku thought for a while, then nodded.

''Unless,'' I said. ''You write a letter to her and we will send it in secret to your sister, Zuikaku. That's all I can offer. Don't write down the address, time, and origin of the letter. Just write the letter and put your signature.'' i said