Decision ( 1 )

Where am I...?

Am I dead? but what is this place...?

I opened my eyes. I'm in the medical room. My body was bandaged in several places. I don't know what happened, I just remember a plane was about to hit my ship then.... I don't remember anything else...

"Captain Fletcher, are you all right?!"

I heard a voice. I don't really know it, but I think I've heard of it but when, huh..?

"Captain Fletcher, can you hear me?!" it called out to me. Instantly I turned around.

''C...Cleveland..??''

The figure I saw let out a sigh of relief. I then asked what was going on. Cleveland explained that I survived the battle. My ship was so badly damaged. Half the ship sank and some areas are still burning. But Eagle Union's fire suppression unit managed to put it out. Vestal tows the ship to dry dock for repairs. But all the information and ship models are quite complicated so it will take time to be repaired. All crew are fine. That's what she explained to me.

''Thanks God.''

Cleveland's smile widened.

Soon someone came knocking on my door. When Cleveland opened the door, he saw a woman with long white hair. Her face is so beautiful. As if I had just seen such a beautiful woman. 

''Well, i think you need a personal time. I'll meet you later then. Bye'' Cleveland left the room after the woman entered.

 Bye'' Cleveland left the room after the woman entered

"Good afternoon, Mr. Fletcher. How are you feeling right now?'' Asked the woman while she take cahir and sit near to me.

''I'm fine. Grateful I'm still alive."

The woman chuckled and then looked back at me.

''My name is Yorktown. Leader of the Eagle Union. It's an honor for me to meet a captain of the advanced ship like you.'' The woman introduced herself and held out her hand.

"It's been an honor to meet you too, Miss Yorktown. US Navy's Pacific pride..'' I replied while shaking her hand."Don't flatter me like that, Mr Fletcher. I'm just an ordinary Shipgirl. Just like the others.''

''But,''

Miss Yorktown looked back at me.

''How can you know our ship is an advanced ship?'' I asked.

Yorktown smiled again. Her smile was truly enchanting.

"I checked your ship before i came here. None of your ship's equipment is on our ship. Your ship is completely full screen and few buttons. It was a surprise for us. Our ship has so many levers and buttons. Even though we don't use it, it still looks a bit messy when compared to your ship.'' she explained at length.

I absorbed all of her words. Maybe she meant Glass Bridge ( 1 ). That is where all ship panels are integrated with the touch screen. USS Downes is the first Arleigh Burke Class ship to use Glass Bridge technology. it is no different from the Glass Cockpit (2) F-35 or other fifth-generation advanced aircraft.