Behind all of this

The special forces boats had returned to their respective ships. Utilizing the smokescreen released by Belfast and the anti-missile chaff of Downes and Javelin, and also the thick fog, the joint Royal Navy-USN evacuation fleet soon withdrew from the battle. Leaving behind the Sakura Empire ships that were firing into the empty sea without realizing that the fleet had already fled.

BOOMM!!!

Atago fired her final salvo. The sound of the explosion was all she could hear. ''No counterattack....'' Atago commented while lowering her cannon. ''Did the fleet run away already?''

''Damn it! We worked so hard to trap them and now they're only armed with that weird destroyer that they were able to rescue their comrades. Even under siege like this!!!'' Hiryu grumbled while stomping her feet in annoyance at hearing the fleet leave with their target. ''By the way, where's Shoukaku-san?''

From the fog, a shipgirl was seen gliding over the water limping. The more they looked, the more they recognized the figure. ''Zuikaku-san!!!'' Soryuu exclaimed as she jumped into the water to help the badly injured Zuikaku. ''Somebody, we need a medic!!!''

''MEDIC!!! MEDIC!!!'' A soldier exclaimed to his partner. Two soldiers with red cross emblems on their bags immediately ran over as Soryuu laid Zuikaku down. The medical personnel immediately unwrapped the bandages and treated Zuikaku's injuries.Zuikaku could only grimace as her wounds were treated

''W...where... is... Shoukaku nee...

''Eh? She's not here yet....''

As if stung, Zuikaku suddenly woke up and made the two medics startled and almost dropped their equipment into the sea. ''WHAT?! SHE'S NOT BACK YET?!''

''Calm down, Miss Zuikaku!'' Coaxed a medic who was trying to apply a bandage.

''I...I have to find her!!! I have to find Shoukaku nee!!!'' Zuikaku immediately broke away from the attendant and tried to slide back into the sea with his wounds. The shipgirls immediately chased after him with all their might with the help of the soldiers who hurriedly jumped from their cannon posts and helped chase after Zuikaku who was about to jump into the water.

''don't let her reach the sea!!! hurry!! stop her!!'' commanded a commander to his men who were running after Zuikaku. But despite being injured, Zuikaku nimbly avoided the soldiers' rush. She even jumped over their backs and head. Zuikaku had almost reached the guardrail. The soldiers from the other shipgirls were far behind.

''ZUIKAKU-SAMA, STOP!!!'' A soldier exclaimed. Before he tripped and fell and stopped the others instead

BLAM!!!

Atago quickly jumped from above and caught Zuikaku who was about to jump into the sea. While shouting for Shoukaku, Atago held on with all her power and brought her to the centre with the help of the soldiers. After calming down, Atago gently hugged Shoukaku who was still being recovered by the paramedics.

''It's alright Zui-chan. Everything will be fine...'' she said while stroking the still sad Zuikaku's head affectionately. Zuikaku was still sobbing in Atago's arms.

''But...but... how can we know that Shoukaku nee will be alright?'' Zuikaku sobbed.

''God will take care of her. She'll be fine....

USS Downes - Captain room

Inside the room, I was only accompanied by Mark, and Ange. We looked at the girl before I asked my question. Her face looked very pale after coming out of the medical facility earlier. I could see her shoulder that was bandaged from being shot by me earlier. I felt guilty. ''Take it easy. You'll be able to see your friends again. As long as you can co-operate with us.'' I said to calm her down.