That dream

''There you are.''

I approached Miss Yorktown who was looking at the sea that had now calmed down again. The moon reappeared after the twenty-minute battle. Miss Yorktown's face looks radiant when the moonlight hits her face. I decided to hang out for a while before returning to my workspace to write the report. ''About that... sorry I doubted on you, miss.''

Miss Yorktown then turned to me. ''No problem, everyone feels hesitant to try new things at first.'' she responded in a gentle tone. Different from the tone she used during the battle.

''So...'' I tried to make small talk. ''How is your sister?

''She's fine now.'' She replied. ''She has been treated by the medical staff. I'm glad she's okay. Once again, thank you for your help, Captain.'' She said while staring me with that beautiful smile again.

I suddenly misbehaved. ''Ah... that's... no problem!''

''Eh? what's wrong with you?'' suddenly Miss Yorktown looked at me intently. ''Why is your face blushing? Are you sick?''

I'm getting awkward. I didn't even notice my face was turning red. ''Err.... i'm.. i'm fine! Oh! sorry, i have to go now! I have a job to do, bye!'' I quickly opened the door and got in quickly. Meanwhile, Miss Yorktown just watched me in surprise.

Bang!

I closed the door while taking a deep breath. I almost couldn't control myself. How could I almost lose control in front of her? Okay, that's not important now. I still have to work on my daily report. Who knows if suddenly the boss will also be stranded at Azur Lane and demand a report. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My pen danced again on the report paper. This is my last report, so maybe I can take a break after this. For a moment, I stopped writing. Leaning back in my chair, I thought. Are we really the only ones trapped here? A year ago, I heard that there were ships from England and Russia that were also lost in the Pacific waters. Were they also stranded here, or did they drown?

I also wonder sometimes. If we were indeed stranded here, how come we can still use satellite radar to track the enemy, but not to track our original base? I'm reminded of a sentence uttered by one of my officers during that meeting. Trapped in a place between the future, present, and past..... Is that a reason why we can still use Aegis, without the headquarters knowing our position?

I don't know. Still no answer for this.

suddenly my head felt very heavy. My eyes are also getting heavy. It's approaching three o'clock in the morning. My condition should still be normal at this time. But somehow I felt very sleepy. So, I signed the last report, then tried to lean back again on the chair and drift off for a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly I woke up again. But I felt strange. This wasn't my room or my ship. I looked around. It was strange... and I was no less surprised when I looked down. I was walking on water! I don't know what happened to me because I don't have the knowledge to walk on water. Science also has strong evidence that ordinary humans cannot walk on water.

Suddenly I saw a man, maybe thirty or so, walking on water. Just like me. Without thinking, I then tried to catch up with him. But somehow no matter how fast I ran, I couldn't catch up with him. Instead, it was more like I was running in place. Suddenly, my surroundings darkened. It was like someone had turned off the sun like they'd turned off the lights.

I felt my body lose balance, then fall. Surprisingly, I didn't see anything holding me up. I was walking in a very dark place. I heard someone walking towards me. It was the man from earlier.