Maybe Lesso isn't as bad as I think.

What if she tells the dean what I did? What if I get banished... this is presenting him with an opportunity.

An Ever - like me. Needs love, without love, what am I? It's something an Ever cannot live without.

This is breaking the whole role of a Never... Nevers aren't mean to love! But I'm in love, I've been in love since I was a fucking teenager. The school can't do anything, right? They dismissed the role of fully separating Nevers and Evers, after Sophie and Agatha came along...

I always found Lesso really attractive...

But, she's so beautiful, personality and looks. She's an angel... an angel that can kill my inner Satan.

What if she's just playing me like she did Professor Dovey?

What if she's going to set me up, what if she hates me? I mean... we just had a huge fight...

She's already played with my mind, in-fact, she did just before... we just had a huge fight.

But I like when people hate me.... so it's fine?

But I like when people control me... I'm a 'princess' after all!

I want Astrid.

I need Lesso.

Their eyes met, soft and brutal. Giving each other an insight to their mind and differences. Like rose petal's and rose thorns. A rose stem, sharpened with tons of thorns isn't complete without it's pretty petals. A rose petal isn't complete without the defence of it's thorns. Astrid isn't complete with Lesso. Lesso isn't complete without Astrid.

Now the crate is open, opened like the hearts of the two woman. Lesso runs her finger across the crate that helped with her all of this for the last time; handing it to Astrid, slightly brushing her fingers across hers. "You're here, I give you permission to now open it. Your quest is complete." Astrid wipes a tear, smudging peachy pink eyeshadow. "I don't have the key." Astrid's head tips, hiding her smudged appearance. "That's the point. You've completed your quest, your key is right here... it's me. That key at the start you found wouldn't have even opened it; it was your house key after all! I'm your key Astrid, the key to everything..." Wincing, Astrid looks back at Lesso and voluntarily flips open the lid, revealing a rose... maroon, flourishing petals and pointed thorns. All alone, nothing else, just dust blanketing the plush napkin the rose almost blends into. "It was a rose I once gave to Claire... she loved roses, she loved all flowers in-fact. But she reminded me of a rose, I reminded myself of one too. We were both like a rose. This rose is special, it's was growing in the garden of evil for years... it took centuries because it hosts a power, a power of love. No Never knew of it, only those who studied hard. We protected this rose from the Evers; if an Ever got granted it, majority of them would abuse it's powers. But I openly handed this rose to an Ever because I trusted her with my love, but she passed on... it needed to go to somebody else, and that's you, Astrid." Pricking her finger with the thorn, then smearing the blood on already reddened petal, Astrid blushes. "You're the thorn, I'm the petal." Lesso obtains a blush back, "Yes, my princess, you're right. You understand this..." After such a long 34 years... I'm getting some form of affection. I feel so, vulnerable to anything right now. My starvation is finally ending... I'm craving touch. Astrid, peers her eyes at Lesso, twinkling and batting them. "Can you cuddle me?" Lesso stiffens like ice once again, obviously unsure of what to do. I already feel my heart repairing itself... it's been insignificant and transparent for long enough, it's time it shines a nice, deep, romantic red again. Warm and cold mix, cooling down the over boiling heat of a desperate princess, toasting, thawing the thick frost around an evil heart. The cold engulfs warm, wrapping itself intertwined with a blazing heat. It hurts, but it feels right. It's relaxing for both; finally, desire and heat for somebody is simmering down, transpiring her heat into somebody who needs it most, or else she'd die of hypothermia.
Astrid's face nuzzles against Lesso's soft cotton coat, illuminating the grey with soft vibrant hair; softening her hair more; Lesso caresses silky strands of her hair. Weaving her long, sensually touching fingers throughout.
Before she could fall asleep, about to heal herself, Lesso grabs her shoulders and pulls her slightly on top of her on the floor. "You can't sleep all cramped up. I'll be your mattress, dear." Sensing how desperate Astrid truly is, she lifts Astrid's petite body up, grasping her hips. "You're tired and hurt. Let me help you..." Lesso closes her eyes, coddling Astrid close to her. And her finger starts to glow as she uses up all her energy to heal Astrid's wounds. A Never should never do this... it can be dangerous, it's sucking my already empty soul even more empty. Astrid falls into a slight trance as their two souls emerge. Eventually waking up to a pain free world. "Oh, Lesso... thank you." Out of guilt, Lesso sighs, "I never wanted to hurt you... I never knew it'd get that intense... I'm sorry. We really shouldn't be together. I'm too harsh for you." Her hands caress Astrid one last time, leaving Astrid craving even more. Lesso pushes Astrid, but Astrid is stubborn. "No. Shut up. You went through all this effort to get me here, and you're just gonna quit? Why would I be here if you didn't truly love me? You clearly do... Lesso, your soul is lonely... you can't fight it forever." Astrid forces herself back down on Lesso. "I know... but, remember what I said? Astrid, our relationship would be so frowned upon... this is the epitome of gay; we'd be shunned." Astrid rolls her eyes at Lesso's pessimism. "You know; for a dean of evil, you're not very rebellious aren't you? Who cares! We can keep it secret... and this school has already changed so much based off of people proving things different. Lesso, we're both adults here, this is serious, not just some teenage mishap." If only Astrid truly knew how much the headmaster scouts out any flaw, ready to use it against me... but I want her so bad. I can't dismiss my only opportunity. I love her. "I guess you're right, Astrid."
They both giggle and absorb one another with their touch and affection. Astrid fully lays on Lesso and rests her head in her neck, curling herself upon Lesso's torso. Lesso returns the favour and dances her fingers across Astrid's face, softening her already soft features. "This is so stupid why are we lying on the floor, in the cold? In the school for evil of all places..." Astrid scoffs, trying to hint to go elsewhere. "Because, the Nevers are always too wimpy to come out here in the middle of the night, it's too cold for them. Whereas in your school, the Evers always sneak around..." Lesso chuckles slightly, in a smoky, villainous tone. "I keep forgetting that you're a little princess... you need special treatment, don't you?" Astrid nod's instantly, not even regretting her demanding action. "Well..." Cold infiltrates Astrid's shoulder blade as Lesso indulges in the touch, gently but deeply drawing her finger down to Astrid's zip of her dress, flicking it. "You said if I tell you the truth... you'd take your dress off, hm?" Lesso giggles even more, "I told you nothing but the truth!" Astrid gasps, "You said you didn't want that... no changing your mind now!" Lesso rolls her eyes, "Pft, I was angry back then..." Astrid yawns and stretches her arms and hands, wrapping her hands around Lesso's neck, wrapping herself further into Lesso's grasp. "I think you need some sleep, my dear. Come on, I can't see you sleep deprived."

Silently stepping her heels up the stairs, Lesso cradles Astrid in her arms, trying to kiss her head awake as she walks through the depths and spirals of the halls, experiencing a long ascend to her bedroom.
Eventually arriving, unlocking the door and pushing it open with her hip, still holding Astrid close. Her arms unclench when Astrid finds a new place amongst the black, satin bed sheets that shine and colour like obsidian. Lesso props up pillows for Astrid, using the most softest and comfiest ones she could find: velvet, plush, fur, silk... all cushioning the delicate head of Astrid. Astrid's inner neck cushions Lesso's head as she shields Astrid's body against the cold of the night, hugging her close, smothering her. Kissing her cheek one last time, slightly pigmenting it red with her lipstick.
Goodnight... my lovely lady.