Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Viva Las Vegas"

Teddy Stark was approaching his destination of Las Vegas. Teddy was intent on investigating a nearby Doom Research Facility. The Facility had obtained Wolverine's DNA and was attempting to recreate the mutant's incredible genetic abilities.  The only surviving test subject was known as Subject X-23. Teddy planned to see if he could find more information on the facility; before he departed to its location.

As Teddy saw the beautiful floating city of Las Vegas a flow of pretty spinning lights and sights. Doom had taken great work to recreate much of Las Vegas's charm. Though a large part of the Old Las Vegas still remained. It was nothing more than a semi deserted heap of scrap.  Teddy had investigated looking for clues of the Necromancer that attacked Las Vegas. Though, all Teddy found was some wasteland survivors who attacked him on sight.  Teddy found no sign of anything more than wastelanders milling about. Quickly abandoning the investigation.

"Sir, don't forget to send your beacon code to the patrol towers. Otherwise the defense systems of the city will fire at you." Jarvis warned Teddy.

Teddy Stark was flying about in his Iron Knight Suit. And Doom's cities were all armed with defensive measures. Though the power varied by city. An unidentified flying object would be shot at instantly.

"Right you are Jarvis transmitting my code now." Teddy thanked Jarvis pressing on the side of his helmet activating his wireless antenna.

Teddy sent a code indicating that he was an 'approved' flying vessel.  To avoid the auto cannons firing on him.  Teddy, approaching the city of Las Vegas, looked for a suitable spot to land. Seeing a fine spot on top of one of the large skyscraper-like apartments buildings.  Teddy's suits thrusters cooled on his descent allowing him to safely land on the roof.

"Sir, I know you are looking for more information on the X-23 project. But, just now I noticed an interesting security report. A Doom transport ship heading for Las Vegas ,was attacked by the Cult of Fire and Magma. It wasn't Doom forces that protected the ship. It appears a Sorceress along with the Bounty Hunter 'The Punisher' protected the ship." Jarvis informed.

"Really? A Sorceress and The Punisher? Do you have access to the security footage of the ship?" Teddy asked intrigued by the information.

"I'll see if I can access it now Sir. Transmitting the footage now Mr. Stark." Jarvis said, uploading the security footage to Teddy's helmet's HUD.

As Teddy watched the footage of the unknown Sorceress. Teddy noticed another Black cloaked figure with Lavender hair. Along with a surprisingly large Bear like man or creature. All fighting the Cult of Fire and Magma. When the Sorceress fired a dark green flame and vanquished the cultists in an instant.

"It seems the cultists prepared quite a strike team for this transport ship. 3 speeders full of strike teams. They wanted to send a message. Instead they got wiped out." Teddy thought as he replayed the footage.

A small detail that Teddy almost had missed. The Raven haired sorceress had two small purple horns sticking out of her head. Teddy also noted the trio had all the other passengers on board depart from the train car. Sending them ahead to avoid any unnecessary casualties. The Bear man or creature also disappeared and reappeared as the Sorceress touched her arm.

"The Lavender haired individual appears to be a Mutant by the name of 'Jade Winters'. She was a Brotherhood agent trainee code named 'The Phantom'. She may be working with the X-Men according to the files I can find. The other two individuals contain no records. No history on them at all Sir. The ship is docking shortly. It may be of benefit to your 'New Avengers' initiative to investigate them sir." Jarvis reported.

"You may be quite right Jarvis. It seems The Punisher spoke with them briefly as well. They're a curious bunch. What station is the train arriving at?" Teddy inquired, still mulling over the footage for any more clues.

"The ship is docking at station Sinatra in a few minutes. There are a few Doom guards waiting to ask some questions. The individuals in question all boarded legally. I'm sending a route to Sinatra station now sir." Jarvis helpfully added.

"Thanks Jarvis. I think you might be quite right. I think these individuals might be helpful to the 'New Avengers' initiative. I've been trying to make contact with The X-Men for some time now. They might also be able to help with X-23. Our luck is looking good today Jarvis!" Teddy excitedly cheered taking off towards Sinatra Station; with high hopes of the future.