Vecans curse

Season 4
Episode 2

I open the door to Steve's house quietly trying to sneak back in after being at max's house. It's currently five am and I was meant to be home six hours ago.
"Y/n!" Steve whisper yells as I try to sneak past the kitchen. Scaring the absolute shit out of me
"Fuckin hell steve" I whisper as I walk into the kitchen towards him
"Where the hell have you been. I should ground you for being home this bloody late. You could've been killed or hurt or some-"
"Steve calm down. You're acting like you're my mother"
"I may as well be. Taking care of all you kids" he sighs and runs a hand through his hair
"Okay momma steve. Take a breath"
"Where were you?" he asks firmly
"Maxs house. I'm fine Steve. I was safe"
"You guys better not be having se-"
"Steve! Shut up!" I whisper hell
"I'm just saying. You're too young to be having sex"
"I'm fifteen steve."
"That's too young"
"Steve. You were probably having sex by that age" 
He goes quiet. Looking around the kitchen trying to find something else to talk about
"Go to bed"
"Okay Steve"
"Goodnight"
"Goodnight steve"
"I love you" he says under this breath
"I love you too brother"
He smiles to himself and starts fiddling with stuff around the kitchen.
I go to to my room and lay down. Looking around the room steve and his parents gave me when I moved in. Im lucky steve took me under his wing and that his parents were so cool with it.

*next day*

"And then Vicki laughed. And it wasn't like a cheap fake laugh... it was like... it was a real, genuine laugh"
"Of course she laughed. It's my mullet joke. It's hilarious"
I watch Steve and robin bicker back and forth as they stack shelves. Me coming to their work has become an everyday occurrence. Steve complains and says that I get in the way while they work but I know he's lying and he finds it more interesting when I'm here. It's gotten to the point that he wakes me up every day to come spend the day with them especially when I don't feel like going to school.
"My point is Vicky laughed. And everything was just like....it was perfect"
"But?"
"But I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous and the words keep spilling out, and it's like my-my brain is moving faster than my mouth,or-or-or rather my mouth is moving faster than my brain...I'm digging this hole for myself, and I want to stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I just can't-"
"You're doing it right now robin" I but min
"I am?"
"Yeah" I chuckle as I lower myself down from the counter and walk over to them
"Just take a breath" I speak softly as I pat her shoulder
She nods and takes a deep breath in before exhaling as she backs herself into the wall.
"I'm hopeless"
Steve and I follow her lead. Standing next to her against the wall
"Eh" Steve lets out "we both are"
"Out of the three of us...y/n is the only one who can keep a girl around" they both look in my direction. I hold my hands up in surrender.
"It's not my fault that I'm such a catch"
They both huff and Steve nudges me playfully.
Robin looks back at Steve "if only we could just like...combine"
"Combine?" Steve and I both question her
"No...think about it. I know exactly what I want, and I've found the girl of my dreams, but I just can't get the courage to ask her house"
Steve and I both nod along
"Meanwhile, you go on a million dates. And have no idea what you want"
"Mm-hmm"
"So if we just combined, all our problems would be solved...because I mean, alone, let's face it..."
"You both totally suck" I speak causing them both to look at me with shocked looked on their faces. Before they shrug and agree with me
"Totally and utterly" robin agrees "oh I think I found our morning movie" robin runs across the store and picks up a movie from the shelf "doctor Zhivago"
"Uh, you know I don't do double VHS" Steve exclaims as she shakes his head and walks over to her
"But it's about doomed love!"
"Oh well that's relatable" Steve mumbles as he starts to push his cart
"Precisely" Robin agrees "also, Julie Christie is b-b-bonkers hot in this. Like seriously, the most beautiful creature. I have ever seen in my life"  Robin speaks as she turns the tv on