chapter 62

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa's eyes went wide as she remembered her conversation with Jeremy. She asked, "Someone is forcing you to marry me?"

"Weren't you the one, Gwen?... Who just had to attach yourself to me in such a way that if I didn't marry you, my family's reputation would go down the drain?"

And then Victoria's mom... "Aren't you the shameless b*tch who keeps throwing herself at a man who doesn't want anything to do with you?... And going as far as lying and scamming him?"

"Did his grandfather force him to marry Gwen?" Elsa inquired.

"He did! Their image was important, and he had no choice but to marry Gwen," Alex confirmed.

"Oh my goodness, Gwen really did put him in a situation where he had to marry her," Elsa realized.

So that is why he was so angry when he saw her. Did him thinking Gwen ran away from him mean he thought she avoided the marriage that could save his reputation? Probably. One would think so. But how did she scam him though?

"Did Gwen use him for other things?" Elsa asked.

"I'm really not sure. She never mentioned anything to me about that except, you know, marrying him so Victoria couldn't. To be honest, Victoria was also going to use Jeremy to keep herself out of trouble," Alex explained.

"But I am guessing she did use him for something. With all that, Jeremy hates Gwen. He knows Gwen called the reporters and took advantage of the situation," Elsa concluded.

"And with him thinking you are Gwen, I'm guessing he just forced the marriage on you to clear that scandal completely. He would probably divorce you soon," Alex added.

Elsa hadn't seen such an article on the news even after stalking all lunch break. But maybe it was taken down, or she just hadn't seen it. Did this mean Gwen and Jeremy slept together? She was married to a man who slept with her sister... Is that weird?

"Victoria wants me to divorce Jeremy," Elsa shared.

Alexandria immediately shook her head. "Don't do it. Don't give her what she wants... Is what I would say. But, this is your choice. Jeremy is a stranger to you, and he doesn't really treat you well. You can divorce him if that will make you happy."

"What will make me happy is finishing what Gwen started. If these people really killed my mom, I want to uncover it," Elsa said determinedly.

"And also find out who killed my sister," Alex added, gritting her teeth before letting out an angry sigh. "Wouldn't be surprised if it was them too."

"So, tell me... Where did Gwen leave off?" Elsa asked.

"She wanted to get some things from Jenna in the hospital. She didn't get a chance to, maybe you could. But, to get access to the files and storage room, you will need to be a staff member," Alex explained.

"Then I'll apply for a job there immediately," Elsa decided.

Alex thought about what happened to Gwen and looked at Elsa with a little fear in her eyes. "Elsa, if you are going to do this, you should never let your guard down. That is the advice Gwen would give you."

Now I'm going to sit here and wait for you to tell me if you like the story so far. With a vote or a comment.

These are the chapters that were already written, but as rough work. The next ones, I'll have to plan it out so the update may take longer. I'm the type of writer who is shy to ask for votes and comments on chapters like that but, I would appreciate if you did.

I'll update soon. 10 chapters at once. And it is about to get very scary and crazy.