Chapter 4: Take a step into the havoc

"What's it like learning from All Might?!" a reporter shoved a microphone in Deku's face as soon as they approached the gate. Katsuki had to stop a fond smile from forming at Deku's adorable 'ehhh?!'. "Wait, you're the kid from the sludge villain incident!"

Deku stiffened at the mention of that. Katsuki noticed, and grabbed Deku, pulling him away from the reporter, "Fuck off."

"And you're the kid who ran up to save him!" the reporter beamed, "Weren't you quirkless? How did you get into UA?" Katsuki's only response was a low growl before dragging an overwhelmed Deku with him through the gates.

The two entered the classroom. Brain Freak gave them a look. His gaze landed on Deku, who gave a reassuring smile. Katsuki had no idea what to make of their silent conversation. It was like they could read each other's minds. Eventually, Brain Freak nodded, turning to look at Katsuki, "Congratulations on working things out."

"Thanks, I guess," Katsuki shrugged, "For telling me to go after him."

"He really wanted to tell you after school anyways," Brain Freak said blankly, ignoring Deku's look of betrayal, "But I figured he wouldn't have the guts to approach you."

"Hey!"

Katsuki flicked Deku's forehead, "Stupid nerd."

"Traitors," Deku pouted.

"You love us," Katsuki smirked.

Soon, their classmates began to arrive. Deku had gone off to talk with Round Cheeks and Glasses, leaving him and Eyebags to their own. At least until Raccoon Eyes had roped him into a conversation, "Hey, Bakugou! Shinsou!"

He was joined in by Pikachu and Shitty Hair, who asked, "We were wondering if you guys wanted to spar together later after school! Both of you were very manly at the battle trial yesterday!"

"Midoriya can join too!" Pikachu added, raising his eyebrows at Katsuki.

"I'm busy later, so I don't think I can make it," Brain Freak answered.

"You should join them," Pikachu shrieked when Aizawa suddenly showed up, "Consider it as part of your training."

Eyebags grunted, but said, "Alright then." Pikachu's face lit up at that.

Everyone scrambled back to their seats. Their teacher sighed, then placed a stack of papers on his table, "Good work with yesterday's battle training. I've looked over your grades and evaluation. And onto homeroom business... sorry for the sudden announcement but today..." the entire class held their breath, "You'll pick a class president."

The class was filled with sighs of relief at a normal school activity before exploding into chaos, everyone raising their hands to volunteer for the position.

"Quiet down, everyone!" Glasses shouted, and the classroom fell silent, "Leading the class is a task of heavy responsibility, but ambition does not equate to ability! Let's be democratic and pick a leader together. I believe we should we should vote!"

"Why votes?" Pikachu questioned.

"We just met, so there's no trust yet, Ida," Frog-face pointed out.

"Yeah," Shitty Hair agreed, "Everyone would just vote for themselves."

"That's why the person with the most votes now will be truly capable of such a role!" Glasses protested, turning to their teacher, "Your opinion, Sensei?"

Aizawa just wrapped himself in his sleeping bag and toppled to the ground, "I don't care. Just decide within this period."

All of them just had to write a name on a piece of paper before passing it up on Aizawa's table. Katsuki tapped his pencil on the desk as he thought. He could vote for himself, and he did want the position, but... Deku had been class president before during middle school and done a good job.