The Best Friend

Written by Rebecca Widger

Never sit and wonder why all this is happening Jen. it's not worth the heartache.her mother says as they are leaving the cemetery. Burying her best friend broke her.They did everything together cheering, volleyball and Driving school. Lost  in thought Jen hears her mother ask if she wants to go back to the reception or go home.I want to go to the reception I need to be closer to her stuff and see Julie (Her mom).Her father would be here but he is in germany on business and missed the funeral and her death.I personal think he is avoiding the whole thing her mother says as she pulls into tory's driveway.

We walked to the front door gave Julie a hug mom went to mingle a big social person my mother is I had one  really good friend and i am alone after that night instead I go to Tory's room and sit on her bed and cry the pain is to much even breathing hurts.She loved you you know her brother John says from the doo.I know but why didn't she wait for me Why did she go on her own . You know if you had gone this funeral would be both of you.What does any this matter there is no rewind button it can't be fixed Nobody but you blames you for what happened You didn't have to go with her you were Busy.

Busy I yelled I was thinking of myself and my needs... Ok hold on what happened was not wrong we would've told her .Yeah but now she is dead and we were together  I lied and told my best  friend i was sick and she went to the party alone with noone to help her.JOhn sat on the end of the bed hugged her and Said I know what happened I was there I am sure she knew about us because she's gone doesn't mean we need to stop.Why would think she knew?I told her.Why did you tell her?I told you I would.I know but you were taking so long and when she called you and you told her you were sick I knew you were never going to.You did this .No i told her and she called you  you chose to lie not me she knew we were going to the party.What? Yes I told her she was on her way to the party to make sure I wasn't lying That's why she left without you she knew you lied to her I just didn't know the road up there.This is your fault.No it's not fate did it she didn't make the turn that's nobody's fault.She wouldn't have gone if you didn't tell her. Maybe you shouldn't of lied to her.

The argument sounds traveled down the stairs Julie comes up and asked what was going on.Nothing they both said if you are over tory let me tell you if her brake hadn't been cut she would've made the corner.We both looked bewildered How do you know that.Because I cut them she came down to the garage and saw me disposing of your father's body I couldn't let her tell you guys. But you just did. I know and the double funeral is going to cost me a fortune.