Chapter 7

~8 am~

Kristoff's POV

I slowly open my eyes, remembering where I am and why I'm here. I'm still in Anna's apartment, and... I guess we just fell asleep on the couch while watching the movie. I look down to see a head of strawberry-blonde hair resting on my lap. Her eyes are still closed, and a sleepy smile is spread across her lips. I smile and I lightly run the pad of my thumb across her rosy, freckled cheek. "Would you dance if I asked you to dance? Would you run and never look back? Would you cry if you saw me crying? Would you save my soul tonight? Would you tremble if I touched your lips? Would you laugh? Oh, please tell me this. Now would you die for the one you love? Hold me in your arms, tonight. I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away the pain. I will stand by you forever. You can take my breath away. Would you swear that you'll always be mine? Would you lie? Would you run and hide? Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind? I don't care. You're here tonight. I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away the pain. I will stand by you forever. You can take my breath away..." I slowly lean down and kiss her forehead.

I've never felt this way before... It's different... A good different. It makes my knees go weak when she smiles, my heart melts when she laughs, everything just seems to be better with her around.

Anna's POV

"... I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away the pain. I will stand by you forever. You can take my breath away..." I wake up to the soft and familiar voice of Kristoff, sweetly singing the words of a recognizable love song. Before I can open my eyes, a pair of soft lips kiss my forehead, and I can feel my smile spreading.

I slowly open my eyes, revealing Kristoff's blushing face. He puts a hand behind his neck and looks away from me nervously. I keep smiling up at him. "Good morning, sleepy head." He says to me.

"G'morning...." I say sleepily and yawn.

He brushes some stray hairs away from my eyes, smiling. I sit up, and blush when I realize when I slept with my head on his lap. I rub my eyes and stretch, yawning silently. "Want some-" I stand up, but fall back down to the couch, cringing in pain. "Never mind... Forgot about that..." I look down at the pink cast, which is wrapped around my leg. "I was going to offer to make breakfast..."

"Well... I could make breakfast for the both of us..." Kristoff looks at me for approval.

I shake my head. "Nope, I'm still making breakfast." I grab my crutches and pull myself off of the couch.

Kristoff's POV

"No, you're not. Don't fight me on this, Feisty-pants." I stand up and gently push her back down on to the couch.

"Please?" She pouts, and looks up at me with pleading eyes. "Pretty please?"

"Nope." I shake my head and make my way towards the kitchen. I start searching through the cabinets for a whisk, bowl, and pan.

"Kristoff, seriously I can make breakfast." Anna says, and I hear the soft clang of her crutches against each other. "I don't care what you say, I'm cooking."

I continue looking, growing more curious and concerned when I keep opening up cabinets to find that they're empty, all except for one. The one cabinet has a box of cereal, one bowl, a few spoons, two forks, a small set of knives, a couple plates, one jar of peanut butter, and half a loaf of cheap white bread. "Anna... Why are all, but one, of your cabinets empty?..." I turn around and look at her.

"Uhh...." Her face pales and she looks down at the floor.