"Pizza! Hockey! Destroy!"

"—which includes his own name."

"I am Cal," Cal repeated. "And this is Zethes! My brother!"

"Wow," Leo said with a grin. "That was almost three sentences, man! Way to go!"

Cal looked proud of himself, while Elle muffled her laughter with her palm.

"Stupid buffoon," the wannabe spoke with disdain. "They're making fun of you. But no matter. I am Zethes, short for Zethes. And the lady there—" he winked at Piper, his entire face contorting, "—can call me anything she likes. Perhaps she would like to have dinner with a famous demigod before we must destroy you?"

Piper gagged. "No thanks."

"It is no problem," Zethes pressed. "We Boreads are very romantic people."

Jason sat up, becoming tense. "Boreads? Do you mean the sons of Boreas?"

"Ah, so you've heard of us!" Zethes said loudly, sharing a pleased look with his brother. "We are our father's gatekeepers. So you understand, we cannot have unauthorized people flying in his airspace on creaky dragons, scaring the silly mortal peoples."

He pointed below, and Elle realized he was right. People were pointing upward, some in confusion, others in annoyance. Elle wondered what they saw. Maybe a small plane? A helicopter flying too low?

"Which is why, unless this is an emergency landing, we will have to destroy you painfully."

"Destroy!" Cal agreed with his brother.

Elle sighed, throwing her head back in annoyance. Why do people always want to destroy me painfully?

"Wait!" Piper said hurriedly. "This is an emergency landing."

Zethes studied Piper as Cal released a disappointed, 'awww.'

"And how does the pretty girl decide this is an emergency?"

"We have to see Boreas! It's totally urgent!" For good measure, she forced a smile and batted her eyelashes, adding a, "Please?"

There was a long silence before Zethes said, "Well... I hate to disappoint a lovely lady, but you see, my sister, she would have an avalanche if we allowed you–"

"And our dragon is malfunctioning!" Piper added. "It could crash any minute!"

There was magic in her words, for even Jason and Leo were nodding in agreement. Elle met Zethes' questioning gaze, flashing him a convincing smile without thought. Even she was thoroughly convinced Festus was malfunctioning.

It helped when Festus shuddered, turning his head and spilling gunk out of his ear, which splattered a car below him.

Cal let out a sad whimper. "No destroy?"

Elle thought Zethes was going to disagree, but he gave Piper another horrible wink. "Well, the girl is pretty. I mean, she is right. A malfunctioning dragon could be an emergency."

"Destroy them later?" offered Cal.

"It will take some explaining," Zethes decided. "Father has not been kind to visitors lately. But yes, no destroy right now. Come, faulty dragon people and pretty girl. Follow us."

Elle was starting to take offense. Sure, she was dressed in a hoodie and sweatpants, and sure, her hair was probably a mess from the wind, but she was pretty too. Then again, she wasn't sure she wanted Zethes' affections.

Cal and Zethes sheathed their swords, drawing smaller items from their belts. At first, Elle thought they were weapons, but chuckled when she saw they were lights, like the ones people on runways use to land a plane.