"Encantada." Ysabeau greeted.

"She's pleased to meet you." Matthew said noticing Diana's and Bellatrix's confused faces.

"Of course, she speaks only English and New French." Ysabeau said, almost insulting them. "Modern warmbloods are so poorly educated."

"Mattieu!" A woman greeted warmly as she walked into the room.

"Ah, Marthe." Matthew greeted as he hugged the woman.

"Cosi anatz?" She asked.

"Hmm, va plan merces. Et tu?" Matthew asked.

"Aital, aital." Marthe said.

Diana leaned over to Bellatrix with a smug smile. "Do you like it when he speaks french?" Diana asked with a faked innocence noticing Bellatrix's smile.

"Diana, shut up!" She said causing Diana to chuckle.

"This is my friend, Diana. And Bellatrix." Matthew said gesturing to the pair of women. "Marthe has been with our family for centuries. Thank you. She needs some rest. It's been a long journey."

"I'll make up their rooms." Ysabeau said.

"No, I'll do it. She'll be sleeping in my tower. Diana can sleep in the room next to mine." Matthew said before leading the girls to their rooms, first Diana, then he lead Bellatrix into the tower. "You need to get some sleep." Matthew said making the bed as Bellatrix stared out of the room.

"You must be tired to." Bellatrix said.

"Oh, vampires don't sleep often. Not in the same way you warmbloods do." Matthew said.

"Your mother doesn't want me here." Bellatrix said as she moved to sit on the bed.

"It's been a long time since anyone other than family has visited Sept-Tours. Not since my step-father Philippe's death." Matthew explained.

"What happened to him?" Bellatrix asked.

"He was killed. During World War Il." Matthew replie before moving towards the door. "I'll be downstairs. Just...call me if you need anything."

☯︎

Diana walked into the room Bellatrix was occuping with her phone in her hands before shaking Belatrix awake, who shot up with a gasp. Diana moved to sit on the bed with her phone on speaker while Bellatrix rubbed her eyes. "Hello." Diana said.

"Diana, your ringtone's changed. Where are you?" Sarah asked.

"Oh, we had to leave Oxford." Bellatrix said.

"What? Why?"

"Peter Knox threatened us." Diana anwered.

"I think it was right for you to leave. He harassed your parents too." Emily asked. "Honey, where are you?"

"I'm with Matthew." Bellatrix aswered.

"Where's he taken you?" Sarah asked.

"To his mother's house. In France." Diana answered.

"His mother? Ysabeau de Clermont?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah." Diana said.

"You know her?" Bellatrix asked.

"Listen to me very carefully. You need to get out of there...now. She has destroyed entire covens. In the '50s and '60s, South America...dozens of witches lost their lives, many of them elderly." Sarah explained.

"Why would she do that?" Bellatrix asked.

"Why? Because she's a witch killer. Come home now, Diana, Bellatrix." Sarah demanded worriedly.