Chapter 40: New Friends

Start from the beginning

"MEOW!"

He's head snapped towards me ,but I just stared straight out the window like I didn't hear anything

"So, you going to tell me I didn't hear anything? " he said with amusement in his voice. 

I swallowed as I was going to say something, but the only thing that rushed out was "Please don't say anything! He was just so small and cold and I mean look at how cute he is." I rushed out as I wiped out the kitten from my pocket showing him this cute little fuzz ball. "I swear you wont get in trouble just don't tell anyone, especially not Eric!" I begged.

"Hold up! Who said I was going to tell anyone. No need to jump to conclusions." He chuckled " Now I just wanted to know where the noise was coming from and not be treated like I was crazy." He said, giving me a knowing look. " You're the one smuggling this fugitive in my truck."

I just smiled sheepishly as he chuckled

"What you do is your business. you're not the first one to sneak in a little fuzzy friend, but do know that animals really aren't much of a thing in dauntless so be careful."

"I will."

We talked for the rest of the patrol. I learned that his name is Chip. He's lived in dauntless all his life He's married with one kid on the way. We get back to the compound and right as he parks the truck I wish him a good day and hope to see him again next time I patrol.

Once I stepped out of the truck, Ryker was there waiting for me to give him my report. Luckily the kitten was asleep but I had to make this fast.

"So how did your fist patrol go?"

"Good ! Nothing much happened. We did chase an animal for a little bit unsure of what we were hearing but the route went smooth with no problems. Everyone did their job as expected and the sweep of the city was all clear."

"That's good to hear." As I was about to walk away "King ?"

I turned to give him my attention.

"If you ever get tired of all that office work and want a more permanent position here on patrol we would be glad to accept you."

I froze in surprise. "Oh ! thank you."

"See you around King."

I wave as I started to walk away

"Meow"

"Huh! What was that?" Ryker questioned turning back around.

"Ow! I just walked into the door frame." I nervously laugh. "Ow?"

"Uh? Just be careful." He hesitantly said as he walked away.

I was sweating bullets. I almost got caught. "Be quiet." I whispered to the kitten in my pocket as I quickly walked in the halls. 

I quickly walked the halls with people giving me weird looks as they heard a meowing noise come from me as I walked by. I looked even crazier as I meowed back at the people who stared. I quickly scurried through the halls and up the stairs hoping to get away from prying eyes. I was in too much of a rush to see if people were loitering around out in the hall, but as I slammed the door to the apartment I grone realizing that there are going to be a lot more rumors by tomorrow morning.

I took a deep breath and pulled the fluffy little ball from my pocket

"You better be worth the trouble." I told it as i dangled it in front of my face

It just let out a cute little meow and started purring.

"Oh your just so cute."I hugged it close to my chest contently listening to it pur

"Now what to feed you?" I muttered as I made my way to the kitten to see what is acceptable for a cat.

"Milk! Kittens drink milk." I grabbed a bowl and put some milk in it. I set the bowl down with the kitten and he instantly started to lap up the milk in an instant. "You must have been hungary!"

I watched as its cute little tongue lapped up the milk and I started thinking

"Where am I going to hide you?" I suddenly jumped up and started looking around the apartment. I can't let Eric see him so the living room is a no and the bedroom is a big no. I walk into the bathroom and start looking at the cabinets " no that would be too risky." I walk out and look at the kitchen cabinets "that might work." but I turn to the one place that I know would be best the hall closet

"This will do" I started rearranging things. I emptied out my box of things and hung them in the closet then I used the empty box to fill with an old looking blanket for a bed. I then found some old papers to use for her litter there now he has a home. I turn around and try to find the kitten. He's not in the kitchen where I left him. I walked around worried as to where he could have gone only to find a fluffy ball curled up on my blankets on the couch.

"I'm going to be in so much trouble. " I muttered as I slowly petted the kitten.

A/N: Hope you enjoy.   what do you think her new little friends name is going to be! 

Like- comment- Enjoy ❤️