Chapter 12: In Trouble

All you can hear is footsteps marching down the halls of dauntless. Walking in sync Eric and I silently followed behind Max as he led us to his office. The halls are deadly silent but full of dauntless members who stop to stare mortified; trying to figure out what happened.

We must have been a sight to see covered in blood ruffed up and following Max straight to his office. By the end of the day everyone in dauntless would have heard some version of the story about what happened.

By the time we were about to Max's office I could feel the anger roll off of Eric; probably because everyones staring not even caring when he glares at them.

We finally reach Max's office. He opens the door and signals for us to enter with his watchful gaze. He points to two seats in front of his desk for us to sit in.

He was silent for a second. "Who would like to explain what the hell just happened." He asked in a calm manner, but you could see in his eyes he was mad; very mad.

"Honestly; I don't know. This initiate randomly started fighting me. I never even saw it coming." I hear from beside me. So he's just going to play stupid so he doesn't get in trouble? Or Maybe he's  brain dead from me hitting him too hard that he's gone stupid as fuck.

I slowly turn to look at him like he was a special kind of stupid. Almost readying myself for another fight until Max cleared his throat pulling my attention back to him.

Unclenching my fists; Max turned his attention to me.

" So Ms. King; It seems you are the only person who can shed some light on the situation. Would you like to explain why you attacked a superior, leader, trainer?" He pointedly asked me.

"With all do respect sir; He is an ass." I tell him while pointing a finger at Eric. "He deserved it. From the beginning I have been nothing but proficient in my training, but he still singled me out and purposely made everyone hate me because I did better. Was I expecting him to be hard on us, yes. Did everyone need Serious training definitely, but to make it so hard on everyone and single me out as the cause to make them dislike me; disrespectful.

I ramble on telling Max all my frustrations about Eric.

"Mind you he tried burying me in weights today, and when i'm minding my own business using the punching bags he comes over to mock me. Do you know what he said: I'll tell you. He said ''I hit like a damn flower like a little Defenseless amity." I huff out really fast.

Looking up I see both of them looking at me dumbfounded.

"So I made sure I showed him just how hard I could hit." I smirked at Eric. Glancing up and down to check out the handy work I did.

Eric and I glared at each other ready to start another fight when we heard a big sigh from the side. We turned to look at Max as he assessed us.

"I don't even know what to do with you two." He sighed and sat in his chair looking between the both of us.

After a long silence Max finally spoke. "Eric you will have Paperwork duty for the rest of the week. Aria you will keep training with Four and you will help him set up and clean the training room everyday; Next week for your fight I will have something planned for you." He explained in a finality tone.

"Why i'm I getting punished for her fight!?" Eric argues.

"Because you antagonized the fight. As a leader Eric I expect better. Four will be notified of this week's changes. You are dismissed." Max waves to the door.

Eric opened his mouth to object, but Max beat him to it.

"Maybe it's best if you go to the infirmary to get checked out or cleaned up before you scare the rest of dauntless with all that blood. It looks like you murdered someone." Maxes eyebrow arched daring Eric to say something.