𝐱𝐱: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗰 :𝟐𝟎

Start from the beginning

When the two teenagers set foot out of the healing facility, a witch with three yellow eyes, snow-white hair, and a labret piercing approached them. "Your Highness! Golden Guard, Sir!" She panted, leaned forward, and put her hands on her knees-clearly, she had run to catch up to them.

The two teens waited for the three-eyed witch to catch her breath, giving the brunette time to realize they had met the three-eyed witch before when hunting down the pokris. "I was worried sick about you two after you ran away like that. I just wanted to check if you two are okay."

The witch's words took Annika aback. Someone, a stranger, an adult, cared for their well-being?

"We're fine, thank you," the Golden Guard cooly replied.

The crown princess was visibly confused by the witch's concern, nodded along, and went to catch up with Hunter, who had already walked away.

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

Annika walked through the passageways with her satchel, taking her sweet time as Luna floated beside her. If Annika was honest, she was proud of herself for creating her foolproof master plan of sneaking out of the castle.

The girl leaned to the end of the passageway connecting to the hallway near the palace gardens to listen in case she bumped into someone who would question her sudden appearance.

When the echoes of footsteps faded, Annika flipped a switch and was now in the giant hallway.

Movement caught her eyes, and the brunette held her head high, announcing her title while Luna turned invisible. But Annika soon lowered her head to a decent level when she realized it was only Hunter wearing... A coven scout's uniform?

"Didn't know you stooped down a peg," Annika teased. "Tell me, who's the new Golden Guard now?"

Hunter, who was walking with determination in his magenta eyes, paused, surprised by Annika's sudden presence.

"Ha ha, how funny," he sarcastically replied before scanning the girl. "I see you're going out again."

"I am. Now, do you mind telling me why you aren't wearing your usual uniform?"

"I don't have time to explain," he deflected. "Maybe later. Don't get caught."

And with that, the boy left as soon as he arrived.

"Wait!" Annika yelled out, but the blonde remained focused on whatever task his mind was set on.

As she walked to the gardens, the brunette pondered the boy's actions and quickly realized that Kikimora had been sent on a big, important mission. Hunter, who couldn't do missions like the small red demon was tasked to do, would send the boy spiraling.

How could she not see it before? No wonder the blonde was acting so strange. She furrowed her brows at the thought. Of course, this was expected of Belos-aim where it hurts most. But even though Annika wanted to tell Hunter about Belos's true intentions, she knew she couldn't say a word.

After all, she knew Hunter wouldn't believe her words, especially when Belos dug himself deep into the boy's skin and when he was as stubborn as her, so she had to bide her time-Belos's mask would have to slip up eventually.

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

Annika breathed in the warm air as she flew with Luna's help after sneaking away from the Emperor's palace.

Today wasn't a typical day of not staying put in the palace. No, Annika had seen the newly released limited edition hardcover book 'Two Truths and A Lie' by Arbor Lennon and the fifth book in the series 'The Strange World of Ophelia Rosengold' by Alicia Yule.