𝐱𝐢𝐯: 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘆-𝗲𝘆𝗲𝗱 :𝟏𝟒

♪♫❝ ᴵ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵗ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ʷᵃˡˡˢ ˢᵒ ᵗᵃˡˡ, ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᴵ ᵃᵐ ˢᵗʳᵒⁿᵍ
ᴮᵘᵗ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᴵ'ᵐ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶠʳᵃᵍⁱˡᵉ ⁽ᶠʳᵃᵍⁱˡᵉ⁾
ᴵ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜˡᵒˢᵉ ᵉⁿᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵇᵘᵗ ᶠᵃʳ ᵉⁿᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵃʷᵃʸ
ᶠᵒʳ ᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ʰᵃⁿᵈˡᵉ ❞♪♫
— 𝚂𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚂𝚊𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎 ʙʏ 𝚁𝚞𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎

━━━━ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈• ━━━━

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️♛⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖
─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊⟡
〚 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 〛
⟡₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

𝐴𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑎 𝑠𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑡 her designated seat with the members of the W.A.Ts (Witches Agasint The Throne), who were discussing their current plans and discoveries.

But to the brunette, their voices were distant, inaudible, as if she was underwater since the only thing she could focus on was her guilt that continued to dance around her overthinking mind.

Day and night, shame would not leave her side no matter what she did after the last mission, but she didn't do anything to get rid of it because Annika knew that deep inside she deserved it, and fighting off the guilt to her was like ignoring the way she hurt the blonde's feelings.

Annika tried to apologize to Hunter whenever the opportunity arose. Still, her body froze like she was sinking deep into cold water every time, fearing that the world would crumble around her if she dared to utter words that would further hurt him.

The girl felt like she had broken another fragile and expensive vase and that if she tried to fix it, she would only make it worse.

"Annika?" A voice called out, still inaudible for her to recognize.

"Annika?" A different voice asked.

"Annika?" The hand on the girl's shoulder brought her back to reality.

The brunette focused on her surroundings and hummed in reply to the three worried coven heads.

"Are you okay?" Raine inquired.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Annika flatly replied, which cast doubt on the coven heads' faces.

"You can go; the meeting has already ended," Darius told her.

Annika finally noticed that the meeting room was now occupied by the four witches (including her).

The girl got up and was about to leave the room but was stopped by Darius. "Come to my office tomorrow morning; I'll assign you your next mission with Hunter."

"Okay. And what am I secretly tasked to do?"

"Your secret task is to collect the scales of the Magenta Dragon," Raine informed her before warning her. "But don't get confused with the fake scales unless you want to fall for its trap."

Annika nodded and left the secret meeting room.

When the girl was out of earshot, Darius sighed and told the two coven heads. "I'll try to talk to them."

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊⟡
〚 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 〛
⟡₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

"Today, you'll be collecting the Magenta Dragon's abomo-fire for abomination supplies since most witches are far from my level," Darius told the two teens, who remained silent but paid their close attention to the older witch.