𝐢𝐯: 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 :𝟒

♪♫❝ ᴾᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗʰᵉʸ ˢᵃʸ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᶠᵃᵏᵉ
ᴬⁿᵈ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵘᵖ ᵗᵒ ᵒᵘʳ ˡᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ
ᴬˢ ʰᵉ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏˢ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵃ ᵐⁱⁿᵈ ˢᵒ ᵇˡᵉᵃᵏ
ᴴᵉ ᵖʳᵉʸˢ ᵒⁿ ʰⁱˢ ᵇᵉˡⁱᵉᵛᵉʳˢ ❞♪♫
— 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜 ʙʏ 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚘 𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚜

━━━━ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈• ━━━━

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️♛⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖
─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊⟡
〚 𝒂 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒐 〛
⟡₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝐴𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑎 played a vital role in the Boiling Isles' coven system as their respected crown princess, Annika hated it. And it wasn't because of the big shoes she had to fill in as heir to the throne (well, maybe partly).

The real reason she hated the coven system was that while Annika lived a privileged life, others suffered for not joining a coven, and even if they did join, they'd still suffer. Of course, Emperor Belos would handle those "ungrateful" witches.

Part of the coven system's problem was the sigils that would seal off all of the witches' magic except for the one they picked.

Annika searched for a way to remove the sigils by reading as many books as possible, but she had no luck.

The brunette sighed as she returned another book to the countless shelves the castle library had to offer. Annika took another book that she thought could help her with her research (not that her expectations were high).

The young witch hoped to find an answer but knew it would take longer than expected when she only managed to read a quarter of the many options the large library held.

And it wasn't like she could ask anyone for a book to help her remove one of the things that her current society was built on. If she did, they'd look at her as if she had completely lost her mind-or if she was a wild witch.

Annika started her research after a trip to Latissa when she was fourteen years of age-her wake-up call.

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊⟡
〚 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 〛
⟡₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

That day, Annika was duty-free, and she wasn't planning on wasting the day on pity parties, sad eating, and crying sessions. Annika was in a rebellious mood and felt like sneaking outside the castle for an adventure in one of the towns of the Boiling Isles.

For as long as she could remember, Annika was never allowed to leave the castle without the Emperor's permission. And even if he did grant her permission to go out, Belos would always be the one planning her travels beforehand.

Emperor Belos would claim that the next heir to the throne needed to focus on making sure that everything went accordingly, which included: striking deals with practical folks, learning how to be a proper leader such as the Emperor himself, knowing how the coven system works and all the important political issues on the Boiling Isles.

But Annika was still a teenager at the end of the day, so she'd try to test the waters and disregard any rules she was given.

It took some time for Annika to get her rebellious mood back since the last time she got caught. It did not end well for her since Belos severely punished her and ensured guards were around her for a month straight.

But after Annika made it clear to Belos that she would never break any of his rules, Belos decreased his security on Annika and changed it back to normal-thinking she had learned her lesson.