𝐢: 𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 :𝟏

♪♫❝ ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ᵃ ᵈᵃᵐⁿ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃᵗ ᵉᵃˢᵉ
ᵀʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ, ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵐᵉ
ˢʷᵃˡˡᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵖʳⁱᵈᵉ, ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵈⁱᵉ
ᵀʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ, ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵐᵉ ❞♪♫
— 𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝙰𝙱𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝙼𝙴 ʙʏ 𝙻𝚒𝚕𝚢𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚢𝚘𝚞

━━━━ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈• ━━━━

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️🎭⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

𝐻𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 years of age when he entered the throne room on that fateful day.

"You called me, Sire?" Hunter inquired, kneeling on the ground when Emperor Belos permitted him to enter the room.

Hunter didn't know why he had been summoned but did not dare question it. He stayed there, kneeling, as he patiently waited for his uncle to speak.

Emperor Belos signaled for the other guards in the throne room to leave. When they left, Emperor Belos took off his mask to face Hunter.

"You may rise," Belos addressed him, and the boy obliged as he nervously gulped, knowing this was important business.

Did he do something wrong on one of his first missions? Was this about his training?

Hunter couldn't help but get nervous. After all, he didn't want to disappoint his uncle as the new soon-to-be 'Golden Guard' and heir to the throne.

"I've called you here for an important reason," Emperor Belos began. As the soon-to-be Golden Guard, your role is to be my right-hand man, second in command."

Hunter slowly nodded, having no idea where this was going.

Belos continued. "I wish to introduce you to someone new, someone important who you'll be seeing in the castle more often."

Hunter raised a brow at the Emperor's words.

Emperor Belos turned to a dark corner. "You can come out now."

From that same dark corner, a figure arose. Hunter saw that it was a girl his age, walking next to the Emperor with confidence and pride.

She was a slender girl with dark golden brown hair that framed her face—the ends of her hair gracefully reaching down to her chest. The girl had a sharp jawline, piercing light hazel eyes, and wore golden attire fancier than the blonde's.

The girl had a look on her face that almost seemed to look down at him as if he was a lower being than her. Hunter narrowed his eyes at her in response.

Emperor Belos smiled at the girl and gestured to her. "This is Annika, the new heir to the throne and your new superior."

Hunter's eyes widened; he was speechless.

"You'll get your position as the Golden Guard, Hunter. That is if you continue to do well in your training," Belos reassured him. "You just won't withhold your position as the next heir to the throne any longer."

Hunter opened his mouth to protest but was quickly cut off by his uncle's warning look.

He knelt back down. "My apologies, Uncle."

"The news will reach everyone's ears soon enough. You are the first to hear this splendid announcement," Belos informed his nephew before dismissing him. "That is all, Hunter."

The blonde then had a curious question in mind. "May I ask you a question, Sire?"

Belos gave a short nod, and Hunter asked. "Is the new heir related to us?"