LI

«never thought i'll miss seeing your face Rin»

Before he could open his mouth to say something, he felt some movement beside him .. his eyes widened even more when he realized his older brother and Sanzu were waking up ..

Oh how much he wished for his brother to stay asleep..

Opening his lilac eyes slowly, adjusting to the lights of the room .. with his left hand , he covered his eyes a little despite the slight tremor of his hand ..

Lifting his head up to stare directly in front of him .. He clenched his jaw in annoyance as he spotted the italian man that was in a car drive with him just now .. He glared at him as Giovanni glared right back at him .. Tension was rising , and none of them was less stubborn to break the eye contact..

Neither man was willing to back down, each waiting for the other to break the intense stare. It was a battle of dominance, a primal struggle that transcended words.

Yet Ran Had to break the intense eye contact as he heard Sanzu's voice next to him .. his voice sounded shocked but had a bit of tiredness in it due to him just waking up .. But what made Ran stomach drop was not Sanzu's voice... it was the name Sanzu uttered ..

«Yash-a!»

Ran lifted his eyes as soon as he heard that name , as if he was eager to see her .. yet deep down he knew he wasn't ..

He saw her sitting there looking arrogantly beautiful.. with new hair , new look , new smile .. new facade .. staring directly at him as if he was the only one in the room , totally ignoring the pink haired guy who just called her name..

their eyes locked onto each other, freezing time around them. Their gazes held for a moment, a torrent of unspoken emotions passing between them. Two years of longing, anger, and heartache seemed to echo in that silent connection. She bit her lip as the smile was still on her lips , hiding the fact that she was feeling the weight of his disdain, while he clenched his jaw, his resentment simmering beneath his stern exterior.

«Hello , Tesoro » She softly spoke as she didn't break eye contact with him .

He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her in weird manner .. it was all too familiar to her , the way he looked at her now .. was the same way he looked at her before she saved Rindou from that bullet .. Resentment and dislike for hurting his old friends .. now was the resentment and dislike for leaving ..

Yet Ran didn't say anything.. he refused to say anything back to her as he just kept looking at her with the same look .. and she didn't think she can handle that look from him for too long ..