102

"How are you?" He started the conversation.

We sat down and face a small wishing well. "I'm in a better state, Al. How about you?"

"I'm at my happiest."

We were silent for a moment until he reached my hands. "I'm sorry, Luci. I was selfish. I didn't even know your struggles. I was too self centered to never know you're hurting too. I-Im, sorry..."

"Hey, don't say that. It's my decision not to share my problems to you. Because, you can't do anything about it."

Aldous suffered a lot. I can't just vent to him while he's also venting to me. May mama ako, may kaibigan akong pwedeng makinig, pero si Aldous? Wala... Walang kahit sino.

"You're my responsibility. Priority kita noon. Ako, kusa kong alagaan ka. Hindi dahil naaawa ako... Dahil deserve mo."

He grinned. "Jiro... He looks like Gael."

"Oh, Jiro is adopted. I met him in small children's foundation. Since I am the city's governor... We had a charity and programs. And that's where I met my son."

"He reminds of you..." I added.

"I'm proud of you. I'm glad we met. We never tried but at least we met."

My heart shattered. Yeah, at least we met.

"May God heal your soul, guide you and your family." He talked. "Thank you, for everything. You have a special place in my heart."

My eyes teared up. This man never fails to melt me with his words.

"God bless you..."