Chapter 15 - Jaku

This is based partly off of the My Hero Academia manga

I realized the release date for this chapter was supposed to fall on 9/11 so I'm posting this early out of respect. I'm also posting another one early on Tuesday. think of it was a grief present.

Massive respect to anyone with any family or friend at all who was injured or killed in the attack and may they all rest in peace.

On a different note, Istg if I fall behind on chapters you mitt by see tears, so stressful. It'll be better once we get to Deku's vigilante faze. I have a huge twist planned for that.

Machia's hand reached for you, Compress, and Dabi. Dabi jumped away, but he got a hold of you and Compress and put you on his back. When you got there, Spinner and Toga were already there. You didn't say anything.

Dabi joined the gang with Skeptic a few seconds later and you could tell Machia's mission was more than just to grab the League. "Hey, Y/n." Toga said. "It'll be okay... We'll get back at those scummy heroes for what they did, but right now we need your head in the game in case your dad's hurt when we get there." You nodded and focused more. Toga rewrapped you in the blanket and put some clothes on.

"Stop this! I need to go back and help Re-Destro!" Skeptic said. "Not so loud.  As far as I can tell, the heroes haven't figured out that Machia's carrying passengers yet. " Spinner. You watch the girl. I don't feel like babysitting anymore." You scooted over to Spinner and hid in your blanket.

Kamui Woods carried Midnight on his back, and Gigantomachia over threw Mt. Lady. "Get me near his face!" Woods started to speed up. Dabi revealed himself "See?" He said as his signature blue flames erupted from his hand. They consumed Kamui Woods, "Not so fast!" Compress said and he threw marbles out at Midnight. Your heart dropped as she was hit by big rocks and dropped to the ground. 

'Your really involved in this, kid. You wanna be a hero?'

Those words rang in your head along with Jin's last ones. 

'Whenever you know what you wanna do... I know you'll do good at it.'

Suddenly, it seemed like you didn't know anything anymore. You'd always just planned to help your dad, be who he wanted you to be, but by now you didn't even know who your dad was anymore. He was a completely different man. Did you want to be a hero or villain? Your head started to hurt with all these thoughts in your brain.

"It is unwise to underestimate the heroes!" Dabi rolled his eyes. He caught a glance of your disturbed face and got up into it, "Remember what we tell you, kid. Get rid of all those soft spots. Those 'heroes' want to take your dad away, to take us away. The only way you're going to be able to protect him is to get rid of those soft spots and fight some heroes. Oh fuckin' hell." 

Dabi glared at Mt. Lady holding Machia back. Gigantomachia began to fall. Spinner pulled you close to him and Machia hit the ground. A class-B girl tied Machia up with her vine hair. "It's UA! Why are so many if them here?" You hid your face in the blanket as your breathing and heartbeat got faster. 'As long as I don't look at them... Or they don't see me... It'll all be okay.' Toga scanned the ground for Deku and Uraraka. Denki threw some support items and was about to send out his electricity when he was hit by more of Compress's rocks. Gigantomachia opened his mouth and when the heroes in training tried to throw something into his mouth, he sneezed. Dabi mixed the sneeze with his flames.

Mina used her acid to protect herself from the flames and was about to throw it in, but then Gigantomachia spoke. "Shortest route means keeping gnats from getting up against." His voice threw Mina off guard. Her throw didn't go far enough. That's when your heart dropped and tears slipped out of your eyes. Kirishima threw Mina out of the wag of Gigantomachia's palm.