10. Sunset Eye

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

This chapter has graphic content and some gore, including a scene with gory descriptions involving the eyes. Body horror is ingrained in the story, and it makes it hard to create divisions between segments since some plot lingers in the scenes with the gore.

If gore is a dealbreaker for reading the story, this chapter is not for you.

━━━━━ |🌺| ━━━━━

Coming in and out of consciousness is such a norm for you that it feels natural to wake up with your face pressed against the hard surface of the unforgiving floor. Drunk you is never considerate when it comes to where she decides to drop your body.

You exhale heavily, feeling sluggish like you'd been under for several hours. What strikes you as odd is the missing hangover that usually accompanies your forgotten mistakes. Why do you feel cold all over?

Wait...are you naked?

Your clammy hand lifts up to run over your waist and hip, making you crack open your eyes and glance down. You are. What happened to your clothes? Hopefully wherever they are, they're neither damaged nor wet.

The white and silver walls around you are sleek, the edges lit with strips of white light that give the space the look of some kind of futuristic hospital.

It's while you're focused on your surroundings that a sound like knocking comes from behind you. It's further away, making you sit up and turn to find the person doing it. Initially, you think it must be from one of the people that trapped you in here- maybe Mr. Poltergeist from that hotel room before you passed out. Or maybe it's the person you've been waiting for.

It's not though. Although you hoped to see Tighnari, this isn't Tighnari at all.

He's like the furthest looking person from what Tighnari looks like, causing a wave of disappointment to roll over you. Unlike the nearly black-green hair Tighnari sports, he has white-platinum locks. The color of his eyes are an electrifying hue like a burning horizon behind a neon red sun, focused entirely on you.

Oh, and he seems to be naked just like you, so that's wonderful.

Everything is wonderful.

Being caught by Dani while you were sneaking away from a hookup with a client, getting sick and left to vomit your organs out in the middle of the road, waking up in Un-San Francisco and getting attacked in a hotel thinking it was time to see Tighnari after two years.

Two years...

And all they give me is this stranger? This clown looking-?! Okay...he's not an eyesore, and he's very clearly putting effort into keeping my "innocent" eyes pure. But I have every right to be disappointed that it's not Tighnari, don't I? I think I've waited more than enough time.

There's a transparent cuff latched around his bare neck as he settles back in his seat on the floor of the glass cylinder, only his torso facing you. His leg covers his groin area as he continues to watch you with some caution.

Come to think of it, you don't even know what he's doing in there.

He taps his neck where the cuff is and then points to you, red sunset eyes attempting to communicate something. To the best of your understanding, especially since you feel an obstruction in that same area, you touch your neck to find that same device around your collar.

What.

Touching your left ankle, your ankle monitor of a similar design is still on.

What.

Isekais Don't Exist, You're Just Trapped in a Social Experimentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें