TWELVE. to forgive and forget over and over again

OLIVIA MADE her way outside, looking for any sign of any towels, but she instead, she found Jeremiah looking up at the house by the poolside

"You know those places you always end up in your dreams?" He asked, "You know, your subconscious brain takes you there 'cause it's a safe space in real life?"

She made her way towards him, standing by his side as they looked up at the house.

"Yeah, I heard on TikTok that it's called shifting." She smiled, trying to make a joke, but seriously believing what she was saying.

Jeremiah looked down at her, before looking up at the house, "This house is that for me. And after today, I'll only ever get to swim in this pool in my dreams. It's weird."

Olivia nodded, "Yeah, I guess so. But you can always swim in it now."

Jeremiah didn't have a second to think as Olivia pushed him into the pool and not long after jumping in herself.

"You did not just do that." He smiled.

"It's our last day in this house." She smiled back, "I don't want you sad and dark on me. Not today."

The two of them went around splashing each other until Jeremiah snuck his arms around her waist and pulling her close.

She smiled at him, her hands resting on his shoulders.

And they stayed that way, what felt like minutes were only seconds as she slipped under the way and swimming towards the pools edge.

Grabbing the some pool floaters and throwing them into the water.

She flopped onto it and sighed in content. She watched Jeremiah flip onto his and the two of them sat in silence for a moment.

"You know, I never thought we were gonna lose this place. Did you?" He asked.

"No." She answered, "I don't think I loved this house enough while you guys were here."

Her hand gently ran over the water and Jeremiah watched. He moved his hands and gently grabbed a hold of it.