ONE. before

"PUT ME down!" Olivia Lovell shouted, a laugh coming out

Jeremiah Fisher held his girlfriend around her waist before throwing her into the salty ocean water.

Olivia had lived in Cousins for six years and had been dating Jeremiah for two of those years.

Olivia's love life seemed to swerve left and right before she met Jeremiah.

She had been cheated on twice, had been lied to, and completely lost trust in so many people because of them.

But Jeremiah was different.

She popped up from the water and wiped her face.

Jeremiah grabbed one of her hands, pulling her up.

Jeremiah could describe Olivia in a thousand words but his favorite one might just be caring.

Olivia was a caring soul. She always was the person you'd call if you needed help with anything or just someone you want to talk to.

Olivia had gone through a lot. Her parents had been divorced for sometime. She almost felt at fault for it.

She came out as bisexual when she was twelve. She thought that Leanna Wendall was pretty and she thought it was something about how she parted her hair, but then she remembered the day she kissed her before getting of the school bus.

To say that Harry Lovell was happy would be the fattest lie that he'd ever told.

Jessie Summers, Olivia's mother, was happy for her daughter. Proud that she could be who she was and be open.

Harry was not.

It was constant arguing and threats that Jessie couldn't take anymore, so she filed for divorce and moved her and Olivia to a place where Olivia could be herself.

Free.

Jeremiah picked the wet hair from Olivia's face and smiled. His bright eyes had been something Olivia adored. His smile, his laugh. It was things that Olivia never really got from her past relationships.