The First Task

I was sitting in the courtyard reading a book, no surprise there, when Ron and Hermione came up to me. Ron whispered something to Hermione and then Hermione said, "Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid was looking for you and Harry."

I could feel my cheeks burn with rage. I understood that Ron and Harry were having a fight, but that didn't mean he had to be rude to me.

"Oh, is that so? Is there anything else you wanna say Ronald?" I said, bitterly.

Hermione went to Ron and he whispered in her ear again. After he was done talking, she went back up to me. "He wants to know if you know where Harry is."

"He's by the lakeside with Neville. Oh, and Ron... grow a pair." I took my book and walked away, heading towards Hagrid's hut to see what he needed.
----------------------------------

Later that night, Hagrid, Harry, and I were walking through the dark forest. Hagrid wouldn't tell us where we were going, but he made us bring our invisible cloaks.

"Did you bring your father's cloak and the duplicate like I asked you?" Hagrid asked after a few minutes of walking.

"Yeah we brought our cloaks." Harry said.

"Hagrid, where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see soon enough. Pay attention, this is important."

I let out a quiet sigh. I didn't like the idea of not knowing where we were going. Not that I didn't trust Hagrid. I would trust him with my life, it was the forest that I didn't trust.

"What's with the flower?" Harry asked. I had noticed that earlier, but I didn't think anything of it.

"Hagrid have you combed your hair?" Harry asked.

"As a matter of fact I have. You might like to try the same thing now and again." I laughed at that and nudged Harry.

Then I heard something I didn't expect. "Hagrid?" Madame Maxime called out.

I saw a smile escape Hagrid's lips. He had almost forgotten we were even there. "Oh, the cloaks. Put the cloaks on."

We both put our cloaks on and stayed quiet. Making sure we heard the whole conversation.

"Bonsoir Olympe." Hagrid said.

"Oh Hagrid. I thought you weren't coming, I thought perhaps... you had... forgotten me."

"Couldn't forget you Olympe."

"What is it you want to show me? When we spoke earlier you sounded so exhilirated."

"You'll be glad you came. Trust me."

I then heard a loud roar which caused me to jump and bump into Harry.

"Sorry." I whispered.

"Ahh, c'est magnifique!" Madame Maxime said.

Harry and I saw five dragons roaring and breathing fire.

"Can we get closer?" Madame Maxime asked. Without an answer, she started to go closer towards the dragons.

Once she was out of sight, Harry and I took our cloaks off.

"Dragons? That's the first task? You're joking." Harry said.

"Is it still too late to quit?" I said, my mouth feeling dry.

"Come on. They're seriously misunderstood creatures." Hagrid said.

A huge flame from one of the dragons fired up and I took a little step back.

"Yeah... Misunderstood." I gulped.

"I have to admit that horntail is a right nasty piece of work. Poor Ron nearly fainted just seeing him you know."

I was surprised to hear that Ron had helped us. And I guess Harry was too.

"Ron was here?" Harry asked.

"Oh sure. His brother Charlie helped bring him over from Romania. Didn't Ron tell you that?"

"No he didn't." I spat out.

"He didn't tell us a thing." Harry said.

*/ sorry my life has been sh!t for the last few weeks and I haven't had the time to update. Btw if anyone's hurting or going through a hard time I want you to know I am here and will talk to you whenever. Always Keep Fighting. /*