A Deal

On the train, I sat with Raven and Sarah. We talked about what we had done the past summer. Raven had traveled to the states. She stayed in New York City. Sarah had gone to Japan.

"How's your relationship with Scar Boy?" Raven asked.

"You know you gotta stop calling him that. He doesn't like it."

"But it's so catchy." I giggled and brushed her off. From down the hall we could hear a lady ask, "Anything from the trolley? Anything from the trolley?"

"Come with me to get some candy." I smiled.

When we got there we saw Ron and Harry. "On second thought, just the drewbals." Ron said.

I could hear Harry tell Ron that he could get it for him. "Just the drewbals, thanks."

"Two pumpkin pasties please." I said, giving my coins to the lady. I made eye contact with Harry and we shared a smile.

"Thank you." I said, grabbing my treat. I looked back at Harry and and waved goodbye. He waved back at me.

Right when we got back, Raven and Sarah started giggling. "You guys are such children!" I laughed at them.

"Did you see him? He's so crazy about you!" Sarah said, smiling.

"With what he told Draco I--"

As if on cue, Draco came in and sat right next to me. "What about me?" He asked. Immediately the laughter stopped.

"Draco... what are you doing here?" I asked, still trying to be nice.

"I actually needed to talk to you." He then looked at Raven and Sarah. "Alone."

They both rolled their eyes and left, closing the door behind them.

"So you slept with Potter."

"No I--"

"Don't lie, Elizabeth, it doesn't work for you."

"I'm not lying." I said, trying to mask how annoyed I was.

"Look, I'll keep it a secret, but on one condition."

I wanted to tell him that no one would believe him, but I knew that was a lie. Draco would find a way to have it get around in less than 5 minutes. I couldn't let people think I was a tramp. I didn't want another reason for people to hate me.

"What's the condition?"

"You have to date me."

"What?!"

"And you can't date Potter."

"No way!"

"Okay. I'll make sure everyone knows you're not a virgin." He said, starting to stand up.

"No, Draco. Look, just listen. I didn't sleep with Harry. I was just scared about Sirius Black and didn't want to be alone. I wanted to be with someone I trusted."

"You could've stayed with me."

"No! I couldn't have Draco! You lied to me all of last year. You were still bullying my best friends!"

"It's not my fault you're friends with the lower class."

"Just leave, Draco."

"Not without knowing if you'll date me."

I wanted to tell him to fuck off. I wanted to tell him I didn't care, and I didn't. But the rumor wouldn't just be effecting me, it would effect Harry too. I didn't want anything to ruin his reputation.

"Fine, I'll do it."

Draco smirked and then left. Right after he left, Raven and Sarah came back in. "What did that prick want?" Raven asked.

"Nothing."

Once we arrived at Hogwarts, I immediately found my room. I took all of my stuff to my room (instead of having the staff do it). I let Floyd out of his cage, he was already went up to my thighs! Hopefully he wouldn't grow any more or I'd have to get him a new cage!

"Hey baby." I cooed as I pet his head.

He jumped on my bed and laid down, watching me as I unpacked everything. Once I was done, I changed into my pajamas, gym shorts and a t-shirt, and laid with Floyd. I didn't even want to go to the Grand Hall. I didn't care who got into Slytherin. All I cared about at that moment was my dog and my bed.