Museum

Running for the exit

Red light illuminates hallway

Warning: turn back

Portraits scatter pathway

Distant reminders

Stay with us

Can't take it anymore

Holding hand, tug

Feet quickly pad across the floor

Treading time

Pain leads

Through muck and grime

Forsaken- happy memories 

Author's note:

I finished my last book of poetry, "Life's secrets" with a dedication to my late Aunt, she took her life and left us missing her. Depression is not something you must deal with alone, no matter how convincing the thought may be. Reach out to those around you; look around at new life growing, look past your self-doubts, your lack of knowing and keep going. You are so deserving of life, you are so deserving of a chance to change the way things are, or how they feel right now.

This is your reminder that you're not alone and I have felt the pull to end my existence too, this thing we call life isn't always pretty and it certainly isn't permanent- no matter how strong the individual may be. But, you have a choice everyday whether you are going to allow your life to stay the same or evolve into something even more beautiful- your life's path is within your control- even if finding your footing feels like you're treading ice at the moment. Let your pain grow you- you never know who you can touch with your story unless you keep on living to tell it.

Much love, Shelby.