Chapter 14: Revelations

"Nabu..." I just let out a dry sigh. "What the fuck... Why did Jessica put on your helmet!?"

"She was holding the helmet of fate, and I sensed she was in danger. So I sent out a minor compulsion through it to make her put it on!" The female Doctor Fate in front of me declared proudly. Not a hint of shame at all.

Emmett and Carlisle picked themselves up off the ground where Jasper and Edward had sucker-punched both of them.

"Who knew little Eddie could pack such a punch," Emmett said while rubbing his cracked jaw. He didn't sound particularly upset; in fact, he seemed more happy about it, to be honest. Carlisle just turned and looked at the destruction of his home before he let out a resigned sigh.

"It sounds like Edward ran off," Rosalie said as I listened in and heard rapid footsteps growing more distant. At least he was able to regain control of himself fairly quickly.

"I'm going to go and check on Jasper," Alice said before she turned towards me with a pout. "Did you have to hit him so hard, Kara!? You literally sent him blasting off like Team Rocket!" She chastised me before she took off and had it in the direction her husband went sailing. I felt a little bad about that, I supposed I didn't have to hit him that hard... Putting someone through an actual wall was pretty epic though.

"We're going to go and see if we can pick up Edward's trail before he gets too far," Carlisle said as he and Emmett also headed out of the house.

The departure of the others left behind a somewhat awkward silence, which was interrupted by a fit of laughter from the last person I had expected.

"Pffff... hahaha!" Bella, who I thought should be the most freaked out, was the one who had started laughing. "Alice is referencing Pokemon, Jessica is Doctor Fate for some reason, and Supergirl literally sent a vampire flying with an anime style punch. Hahaha, I have no idea what is even going on anymore..."

Honestly, that makes two of us...

...

The group dinner was pretty much over at that point. Thankfully, once the situation had calmed down, we were able to get the helmet off of Jessica and calm her down... a bit. She was somewhat still freaked out at losing complete control of her body to basically an alien god. For their own safety, in case Edward came back, the three human girls had left the Cullen house a few moments later.

Obviously, Jessica had many questions for pretty much everyone, especially me, considering I was Supergirl, and Angela apparently knew, leaving Jessica feeling left out. It's not my fault she's known as the gossip queen of Forks, and no one trusts her to keep a secret.

...

"Sooooo," I said awkwardly to everyone at the table. There weren't a lot of people. Just Esme, Rosalie, and myself. "This chicken is really good, Esme. And I know you helped too, Rosalie, so thank you..." I trailed off at the silence in the dining room.

"Thank you, dear..." Esme said with a strained smile. She was probably a bit upset that the front of her house was wrecked and her son ran off to who knows where. Well, hopefully, he ran to visit the Denali clan, but honestly, with how messed up the timeline was, he could be in Mexico slumming it with the chupacabras... Now that I think about it, I wonder if there's another vegetarian vampire clan in Mexico that's the true source of that myth?

"..."

Rosalie turned towards me with an irritated expression. "So now our secret is exposed to Jessica of all people!" Rosalie said bitterly.