Chapter 11: Winding Down, Winding Up

"So, um... what do we do with these guys?" Flash asked out loud.

Huh? I didn't think about that. We had four unconscious Kryptonians here. What exactly do we do with them?

"I say we cut off their heads!" Wonder Woman said cheerfully as she brandished her sword once again. Sometimes people forget she was raised in a warlike culture...

"We can't do that, Diana," I said, to which she just slumped down and pouted. Batman and Superman definitely wouldn't go for it, and also... these four didn't actually kill anyone. Yes, they were planning on destroying the world, and yes, some buildings were destroyed, and there's now a massive crater outside Metropolis. But that was pretty much all their damage amounted to. As far as DC alien invasions go, this was probably one of the most tame ever. I think it would also give the people of Earth a big confidence boost that we fought off an alien invasion with no casualties.

"On Themyscira, we would mount their heads on our walls," I heard Diana mutter to herself dejectedly. Batman was just glaring at her. He clearly had big problems with killing.

I just waved him off. "It's okay, Batman. She's learning. It's her first time off her warlike island, after all. Give her time to adjust."

"Whatever you all decide to do, you better do it fast because people know the fight is over and now they are coming back," Rosalie said. I looked towards the horizon, and I realized she was right. I could see multiple news helicopters mixed in with a full military convoy heading towards us. They probably wanted to seize the alien wreckage for themselves or something along those lines. I don't think they'll be getting as much as they're hoping for, though.

I glanced over to the crater... Yeah, that ship was absolutely destroyed. The ship had exploded once it hit the ground, after all. The most anyone was going to salvage from that was some alien scrap metal. With my X-ray vision, peering into the wreckage, I could see some of the warsuits inside were relatively intact, though. It was probably a good idea not to let any shady government agencies recover those...

"I think I have a way to safely deal with these four for now," Superman said to everyone. "I'll put them in cryo sleep in my... um, fortress. They can be locked away in sleep for years with no issues." I nodded to that. That seemed like a pretty good option for now. Maybe in the future, we'll figure something else out for them.

"You have your own fortress!?" Flash exclaimed in surprise. "...I've been living out of a storage unit," he muttered to himself dejectedly.

Everyone turned to me and gave me an asking look. "No, I don't also have my own fortress," I pouted. "His parents clearly loved him more." They all then gave me an unnecessary look of pity, causing me to pout again. "ANYWAY," I said, changing topics to remind them we needed to leave. "I'm going to recover the warsuits from the crash site, and I'll meet you at the fortress," I said to Clark. He nodded before he hefted the four Kryptonians over his shoulders and took off towards the arctic.

Once he left, I turned to all the other heroes there. "Thank you all so much for coming to help. Without all of you, things would have been... a lot worse. I don't know if Superman and I would have been able to fight off six of our own race by ourselves, especially when we wouldn't be able to use Kryptonite."

"Ha, don't sweat it, Supergirl," Flash said. "The truth is... I've actually had these speed powers of mine for a few months, and I haven't really been doing anything with them. Then I saw you asking for help on the TV, and I knew that that was my moment to finally step up. I'll see you all next time the world's in danger, I guess." Flash added before he vanished... in a flash.