IX

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Mika ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

I knew that it was only a matter of time before Raven would find me after his...encounter. I expected him to be raging loudly in our mind link with all kind of annoyances but he was suspiciously quiet for some time.

When he did finally arrive back to our room, hand bandaged carefully might I add, his entire being was in a downcast to which I then approached him.

"You knew...why didn't you tell me?" He asked as he allowed his eyes to meet my own and a pang of guilt ran through me.

I already felt bad enough about hiding it in the first place but being confronted about it only made me feel worse. I knew it was my own fault so I just had to accept it.

"It was at Nova's request that we didn't say anything to you" I said.

Raven stared at me for some time before sighing and falling down on my bed in a slump.

"What ever happened to bros before hoes?" He mumbled and I tilted my head.

I will never be able to understand these weird sayings that this child has picked up from hanging around humans, and this one was just beyond my comprehension.

"Did you just call your mate a hoe?" I asked incredulously.

I watched as my brother let out a frustrated sigh as he tangled his fingers through his hair while sitting up properly.

"He's not a hoe...he's just infuriatingly hot" he admitted to which I gave a weary chuckle.

"Is that so...?" I hummed.

When Raven started pacing, that's when I knew that this was bothering him more than he was speaking on. Raven was never one to hold his tongue, it was his trademark to be brash in the face of others so I kept quiet in order to give him the time he may have needed to sort his thoughts out.

Raven finally stopped in his tracks, hands eyeing the bandage on his hand and his lips suddenly turned down.

"I don't get it. He acted as if touching my hand was repulsive. Is the idea of touching me really that bad...?"

Surprised by the words Raven uttered, I found myself springing to his side and grabbing his shoulders.

"No, not at all. I'm sure he's just not being honest with you or himself" I said but that did nothing to soothe Raven.

"But why..." he said once more and that's when I let go of Raven, trying my best to conceal the annoyance that was currently filling me.

"Would you like me to talk with him?" I said, smiling in order to feign innocence but I knew just as well as Raven did that it was just a show.

I did Nova the favor of keeping quiet but to make my brother feel as if he has to doubt himself because of that bastard not being able to express his feelings in a normal way was just something I could and would not accept.

"You're acting polite but I can hear the murderous intent behind your words" Raven said as he patted my shoulder with a shake of his head.

"Hm? What ever do you mean? In all our lives, have I ever been unnecessarily aggressive?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"...I guess not" Raven said with narrowed eyes and I smiled.

"Exactly. But it will not be my fault if things become...tense" I said.

"It's okay. I can take whatever that jerk dishes out, it's nothing compared to before" Raven said as he made a fist as if showing his strength but I immediately voiced my disagreement.