V

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Mika ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Mika"

"..."

"Mika..."

"..."

"Miiiiiikaaaaa"

"Raven...?" I replied groggily, sending a tired look towards him as he shook my shoulders some more as if to make sure I was fully awake.

"Mika!" Raven's exclamation remained in whisper tone as he finally got what he wanted from me.

"It's two in the morning, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I can't sleep but I think it's because of something" Raven said.

"What do you mean?" I asked and I was going to sit up but Raven stopped me with a hand.

"No, don't get up" he said as he nudged his head towards the window that was just above us. Had I gotten up, my head would definitely be visible to the outside world.

Raven was kneeling at my bedside so he was lower than it already.

"I think we're being watched from outside" he said.

Taking a moment to fully wake myself up, I sniffed the air a bit and there was the faint scent of something...it smelled like rubbing alcohol?

"I do smell something a little...off" I murmured.

"You think it's a rogue? Maybe one got through the border" Raven said but I shook my head.

"Nah...I don't think so" I said.

There was usually an ominous feeling accompanied by an unpleasant scent whenever there were rogues approaching, those smells being quickly recognized the moment they cross into the border.

But whatever it was, it slightly resembled that of a rogue.

"Not to sound crazy but I think we should go out there" Raven said and I narrowed his eyes at him.

"Why say that if you're just gonna end up sounding that way anyway?" I said but Raven just stood his ground as I stared back at him.

When seeing that I wasn't going to give in, Raven stood with a huff and looked out of the window, carefully peeking his head to scope the scene.

"Nothing's out there so what is this feeling...?" He muttered.

"Let's ignore it for now. If it's the same tomorrow night then we can definitely check it out then" I said and Raven, although unsatisfied, just nodded.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ the next day ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Someone left breakfast...or lunch I guess?" Raven said upon walking into the dining room.

We'd woken up a bit late since we were up in the middle of the night and to my surprise, it was like a ghost town in this kitchen.

"Seems so" I said but everything about this somehow seemed to bother me.

It's almost one in the afternoon and yet none of this food seemed to be touched in the slightest. Werewolves tend to be early risers and even heavier eaters so it would only make sense that this food would be gone by now.