II

[A/N: PSA for any girlies or boyos that may be confused, Yulin's name is pronounced you-lyn. Thank you for coming to my ted talk 🙇‍♀️ ]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Mika ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

My head was spinning in constant, rapid circles as we followed my mate and his pack members back to his lands. We'd been on the road for about thirty minutes but I wasn't sure how much longer I could be trapped in this intoxicating box.

Everything in this car smelled like him, there wasn't a time where I inhaled and it didn't smell like that refreshing lavender and ocean breeze scent of his. Though I did notice he lacked a woodsy smell, which told me that he doesn't get to go for runs much.

What was nagging at my brain the most was the image of his face that I openly ogled back at the diner like an idiot.

Those beautiful daunting grey eyes appeared in my mind, at the time they accompanied with a cool stare and an analytical look to them which had made me uneasy but now I just can't help but admire the memory.

He seemed like he could have a kind smile but I wasn't sure as his beautiful face rested neutrally...or should I say handsome? It was more of a mixture between the two. His hair was that of midnight black, light and silky which complimented his olive skin that was blemish free in turn.

Everything about him was perfect and it was to the point where I began to wonder if this person was even real.

I didn't know whether to feel grateful or betrayed by the goddess given that I really had no intentions of having a mate, just the act of being in said person's presence made me unnecessarily nervous.

I had to snap out of it, I needed to have the clear mind to do what was necessary in order to keep us safe, even if that means rejecting him...

Thankfully, Raven was right beside me so that prevented any kind of serious talk for right now but goddess knows what's going to happen when we get back to the pack house.

When we finally arrived at the pack house, I had kept my eyes sharp as I surveilled the surroundings. It was the typical build of a house, huge with a lot of floors and rooms, similar to ours back...there.

Sighing, I made sure to tell Raven to stick close to me since we didn't know what we were walking into.

As we walked inside, I was hit with many different scents all at once but I didn't let it bother me. The eyes staring at us seemed like a sea of curiosity, confusion, and disdain. Being an alpha's child, you get used to having eyes on you from a young age so this was nothing to us.

"You may leave" my mate said to the men that were accompanying us as we stepped in front of a door.

The men nodded and gave a bow before taking their leave, which meant it was now just us three.

We were led inside, my senses once again being immediately attacked by my mate's scent which told me that this was his office. To my surprise, it was colored with moderate blues and white, the only black in the room being the chair behind the desk.

"I don't typically get many visitors here so I apologize for the mess" He said but there wasn't a spec of dust to be seen which only made us confused.

Perhaps he was referring to the mountain of papers on his desk?

"My name is Yulin Sinclair, I welcome you to my pack. I feel horrible about how my guards spoke to you two earlier. Please rest assured, they'll all receive fitting punishments later on today" Yulin said as he leaned against his desk, folding his arms as well.